Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) is storage for the Internet. Through the use of pioneering techniques in distributed computing, developers are able to durably store their data on Amazon's proven computing infrastructure to achieve virtually limitless storage capacity at minimal cost. Amazon S3 provides a simple web services interface that can be used to store and retrieve any amount of data, at any time, from anywhere on the web. It gives any developer access to the same highly scalable, reliable, secure, fast, inexpensive infrastructure that Amazon uses to run its own global network of web sites. The service aims to maximize benefits of scale and to pass those benefits on to developers.
This position is for the S3 Replication team in Vancouver, Canada. Customers use replication to easily make copies of their S3 objects in a second AWS region. Using replication customers have control over the location of their data and can choose an appropriate location based on local regulatory requirements, latency requirements, or for other reasons. To meet these challenges, the team develops workflow pipelines for asynchronous processing at scale, managing network capacity and other dependencies.
Team recently launched Replication Time Control, new feature of S3 Replication that provides a predictable replication time backed by a Service Level Agreement (SLA). Helps customers meet compliance or business requirements for data replication, and provides visibility into the replication process with new Amazon CloudWatch Metrics.
Its Day One on the replication team, where we have strong customer engagement and a rich feature roadmap.
As a Software Development Engineer on this team, you will have the unique opportunity of not just designing, developing and owning entire backend sub-systems with hard distributed system problems but also designing API's that are used by millions of applications around the world and by doing so defining S3 for customers. The work you do here is going to significantly drive growth not just in S3 but the AWS ecosystem.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 4+ years of industry experience with modern programming language like Java, C++ or C#
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Strong foundation in algorithms, data structures, OO and core Computer Science concepts
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern OO programming language such as Java (prefrred), C# or C++
• Experience with building highly-available and scalable distributed systems
• Understanding of networking protocols
• Understanding of how storage systems work
• Comfortable using Linux environments
• Strong desire to build, sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
• MS/Phd Degree in Computer Science
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
** For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com **
Software and Programming