Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place! Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you! Job Skills / Requirements
We are looking for customer service stars to join our team! Become an integral part of the safety and security team and help airport contractors with their security needs.
Wage: $21 - $23 per hour Airport Security Officers have many duties but some of their main priorities include:
Monitoring ( Security Operations Centre)
Pass Control Administration Your main duties will include:
• Providing specialized security services in a professional manner according to clients' needs
• Patrolling properties to ensure the safety of persons and property.
• Following and enforcing rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
• Operating a marked company mobile vehicle if licensed
• Reporting irregularities including security breaches, safety hazards and emergencies, and contacting appropriate personnel and emergency responders.
• Providing exceptional customer service and responding to inquiries from the public
• Provide first aid and medical response when required
• Escort and monitor YYJ contractors and trades in secure and sensitive areas of the airport and airfield.
• Ensure all contractors have valid temporary passes to work in assigned areas.
• Demonstrate interest in promoting safety in the workplace.
• Respond and react to any emergency situations that may occur at the workplace. REQUIREMENTS:
• Able to provide exceptional customer service, with an exceptional smile.
• Have strong communication skills.
• Eligible to work in Canada.
• Possess or able to obtain a Transport Security Clearance.
• Class 5 or Class 7 driver's license is an asset
• Airside Vehicle Operator Permit is an asset
• RAIC is an asset
• BC SWL is an asset
• OFA1 is an asset
You're in luck! We'll help you acquire your security licence and OFA1.
Airport security officers are subject to thorough background checks and security clearances, in addition to carrying a valid Security Licence.
#VA2 Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma/GEDCertification Requirements (Any)
Restricted Area Identity Card (RAIC)
Valid BC Security Licence
Valid Class 5 Drivers LicenseAdditional Information / BenefitsPALADIN OFFERS YOU:
• Competitive wages
• Promotion from within
• Company-paid training & uniforms
• Benefits & recognition programs
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Sick Days
This job reports to the Rory Helgesen
This is a Full and Part-Time
position 1st Shift
, 2nd Shift
, 3rd Shift
Number of Openings for this position: 10
Law Enforcement and Security