Pacific Sky Aviation Inc. (‘PSAI’) is a provider of Corporate Charter air services, based in Victoria, BC. Our fleet of turbo prop and piston aircraft are used to provide charter services throughout North America to our affiliated companies and shareholders. With a proven safety record, well maintained fleet of aircraft and dedication to providing world class customer service we have become an industry leader in corporate aviation.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (‘AME’) is responsible for overall maintenance of turbo prop and piston aircraft systems and equipment; including but not limited to: repairs, modifications and inspections. In addition to performing day to day maintenance, repairs, and inspections, the successful candidate will also be responsible for coordinating overall PSAI Aircraft Maintenance Organization (‘AMO’) duties; including, maintenance and inventory control, record keeping, and implementation of corrective action plans.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Observe all Transport Canada Civil Aviation (TCCA) regulations and the PSAI AMO policy and procedures when performing any job duty.
- Ensure that all maintenance activities are controlled as per PSAI AMO procedures and performed in accordance with the manufacturer’s latest instructions.
- Visually inspect, assess, and conduct repairs and modifications to aircraft structures, systems, and equipment; including but not limited to:
- Removing, installing, and functionally testing aircraft components;
- Dismantling and assembling aircraft systems for repair and overhaul;
- Removing aircraft control systems, checking rigging, and re-assembling;
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting aircraft defects and implementing corrective action.
- Complete records of work performed to sustain an accurate work order system ensuring that technical records are originated and retained in alignment with all inspections and maintenance requirements.
- Ensure the accurate maintenance and tracking of all AMO staff training records.
- Update the maintenance tracking applications of PSAI aircraft and provide up to date maintenance summaries to the PRM and PSAI pilots.
- Implement corrective action plans related to audit findings, as assigned by the PRM.
- Oversee parts tracking and inventory controls for the first line aircraft parts stores, AMO consumable stores and the quarantine store to ensure adequate tracking and inventory of all products required for an AMO.
- Maintain records of tool calibration for the overall AMO and personal tool holdings.
- Support and implement PSAI strategic and operational business objectives.
- Contribute positively to the culture, growth and strategic direction of the company.
- Perform work in a productive, diligent, careful and safe manner.
- Work in compliance with all administrative, health & safety policies and procedures per legislative requirements and as outlined in company policies.
Qualifications & Experience
- Valid Transport Canada M1 or M1/M2 Aircraft Maintenance Engineer licence.
- Experience performing line maintenance on any of the following types: DHC-6, DHC-2, C182.
- Experience performing line maintenance on PT6-34 & PT6-60 engines and Wipline Amphibious floats.
- Demonstrated experience interpreting blueprints and written technical instructions.
- Experience with the full set of Microsoft Office programs.
Required Skills & Competencies
- Ability to maintain a high energy level with a high customer service orientation.
- Ability to participate in a collaborative environment and be an engaged team player.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent planning, organization and coordination skills.
- Excellent judgment, strong ethics, and ability to manage and maintain confidential and private information in a professional and discreet manner.
- Strong technical and engineering related skills and attributes.
- A motivated self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination, ability to concentrate for long periods with an excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work in confined spaces and at heights on platforms around aircraft.
- Ability to work in environments with temperature and humidity variations, fumes and moving.
- Ability to multitask and deliver a high standard quality of work within the time targets established.
Due to the service-oriented nature of our business, the successful candidate must be flexible with the willingness to work weekends, evenings and holidays on an as-requested basis. In addition, while it is anticipated that the majority of the work will be conducted at the hangar located in Victoria, BC, additional travel to various operating bases may be required from time to time.