Position Summary AGREEMENT SPECIALIST Job ID: 4082 REGULAR/FULL-TIME Location: BURNABY, BC To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada. THE ORGANIZATION
- Join one of BC's Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people. Our mission
is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they've helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they're here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees' current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status ** AGREEMENT SPECIALIST: POSITION SUMMARY
Reporting to the Manager, Housing Provider Agreements, the Agreement Specialist is responsible for the development and issuance of a variety of agreements and related documents for a wide range of housing programs delivered and managed by BC Housing's non-profit and private sector partners. He/she/they demonstrates an understanding of the requirements of internal business areas, program frameworks and project elements in the delivery of assigned duties. CANDIDATE PROFILE The successful candidate will have the following: EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's degree in public policy, social sciences, law, business administration or other relevant discipline
- Considerable experience in drafting and interpreting agreements or similar documents, or in the preparation and management of agreements.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience acceptable to the employer
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Social Housing Agreements and related social housing programs at the federal and provincial levels is an asset
- Sound understanding and skill working with document management tools and relevant computer database systems, including proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to learn and understand BC Housing agreement templates, programs, and related documentation
- Ability to analyse contractual requirements and prepare contracts, and provide advice and guidance
- Ability to seek out required information problem solve routine and non-routine matters
- Ability to establish and maintain constructive working relationships externally and within the organization, and exhibit diplomacy and tact in the resolution of issues
- Ability to perform in a demanding atmosphere under pressure of deadlines
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills to liaise with government staff, legal counsel, industry stakeholders, and internal staff
As part of our commitment to maintaining safe and healthy spaces, BC Housing has introduced a n interim mandatory vaccination program for all employees. We require proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Individuals who cannot be vaccinated for reasons related to a protected ground under human rights law (such as medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs) may request an accommodation. Upon receiving a request, we may request additional information to determine whether the applicant can be accommodated in the desired role without undue hardship.