Advisor, GameSense (Permanent, Part-Time) x 2 - Castlegar & Victoria
Job Function: Communications and Social Responsibility Overview
Joining the Social Purpose & Player Experience team at BCLC means you'll be working with a dedicated group of talented professionals in Communications, Community & Stakeholder Engagement, Public Affairs, Player Health, Customer Support Operations, Business Intelligence, Marketing, CRM and Loyalty and Player Experience. As a Crown Corporation that earns more than a billion dollars in annual profit , BCLC's commitment to giving funds back to the province is an integral part of our business, but still only one piece of a bigger picture. BCLC is committed to creating a welcoming workplace where everyone feels safe, included, and valued. For us, that means building a team that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We all are winners when differences are respected, valued and celebrated.
At BCLC, we exist to generate win-wins for the greater good. We believe everything we do must benefit the well-being of all involved. Through our Social Purpose, we aspire to make sure, in all of our endeavours, transactions and relationships - in the most important sense of life, livelihood, meaning, and well-being - nobody loses, and every person we touch comes out ahead.
Social Purpose is the driving force of our business, our opportunity to create a better world through innovation, engagement, and connection. BCLC aims to provide something unique that not only fills a need, but provides value to the province. Join the team responsible for telling our story, building stakeholder relationships, connecting with communities, and achieving our strategic vision for player-centred sustainable growth. Job Summary:
The GameSense Advisor (GSA) provide a range of customer information services in support of BCLC's Player Health strategy at specified gaming venues in B.C. GSA's staff the GameSense Information Centres (GSICs) to provide education on player health strategies and problem gambling resources; support venue staff to reinforce Appropriate Response Training principles; and provide assistance in addressing customer situations related to problem gambling, including support with the voluntary exclusion sign-up process.
This role requires travel, the ability to work flexible hours and provide shift coverage as necessary. Key Accountabilities:
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Delivers educational programming at GameSense Information Centres to foster customer knowledge, perception and understanding of safe gambling practices, playing within limits, and how games of chance work. Maintains expertise in the Responsible Gambling and Public Health fields.
- Builds customer awareness of player health and problem gambling prevention. Where necessary, provides confidential referrals to problem gambling services such as counselling or other community resources.
- In consultation with onsite security personnel and/or other gaming staff and management, provides assistance to individuals concerned about their gambling, or that of someone close to them. This includes assisting individuals with Voluntary Self-Exclusion (VSE) enrollment and those in breach of the VSE Agreement.
- Proactively develops and manages strong collaborative relationships with gaming service providers, security personnel, BCLC site staff and the province's problem gambling prevention and counselling service providers.
- Provides support for the delivery of Responsible Gambling-related training programs, including Appropriate Response Training (ART).
- Supports the implementation of program evaluations.
- Maintains accurate customer and staff interaction data.
- Provides regular input into departmental plans and strategies and participates in the development of recommendations for new approaches to practices and procedures to improve efficiency and methods for issues resolution.
Education and Experience
- Degree or Diploma in Social Sciences, Health Promotion, Education or related discipline;
- 2 to 3 years experience in customer relations, human services or communications;
- Experience in the delivery of educational programs, promotions or events;
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Sound knowledge of principles, concepts, practices and techniques in the areas of customer service, communications and education;
- Outstanding skills in customer relations, with consideration and judgement to be sensitive to the needs of individuals experiencing distress;
- Demonstrated record of translating program objectives into creative and engaging customer programming/education execution;
- Understanding of and commitment to concepts of prevention and awareness;
- Understanding of cultural and linguistic sensitivities;
- Demonstrated ability to build strong and trusting relationships with managers, colleagues and community/business partners;
- Strong interpersonal, conflict resolution, problem solving, written and verbal communication skills;
- Exceptional time management skills;
- Possess initiative and responds on a proactive basis, anticipating needs of customers;
- Strong ability to maintain confidentiality; possesses diplomacy and tact;
- Solid knowledge of MS Office Suite, database entry and internet;
- Fluency in a second language would be a benefit, but not required.
- Ability to travel;
- Satisfactory security clearance, including criminal record check;
- Ability to work flexible hours and provide shift coverage, as required.
- Effective November 22, 2021, BCLC requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by Health Canada). Full vaccination will be required before commencing employment with BCLC unless a legal exemption is obtained.
- To build a rich diverse workforce representing the communities which we serve, we welcome applications from people of all colours and cultures, persons with diverse abilities, and members of the LGBTQ2S+ community.
- BCLC values work life balance and offers remote work options for its employees.
- Relocation assistance is available for successful job candidates.
- If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance at any step of your application, please send an email with your request to email@example.com.
- For over more than a decade, we have been recognized as one of BC's Top Employers - and we are constantly seeking ways to improve our employee and player experience. To learn more about BCLC, please visit: www.corporate.bclc.com
This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and be 19 years of age to work at BCLC. Please provide a cover letter with your application.
Government Sales and Marketing