is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 55,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 9,800+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We are among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
•We value our people and our reputation
•We are locally dedicated with international scale
•We are future focused and challenge the status quo
•We foster collaboration in everything we do
•We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable VANCOUVER The Opportunity:
WSP Canada has an immediate intermediate level opening to join our Climate Change, Resilience and Sustainability team as an Advisor supporting our Climate Risk and Resilience practice. You will be part of a national team of climate change engineers, planners, economists and scientists who support our clients to plan, deliver and maintain resilient assets across Canada.
You will work closely with your teammates in Climate Risk and Resilience and have the opportunity to grow in your career as part of this team that delivers projects for public and private clients. This role is responsible for contributing to projects for clients in government, healthcare, industry and other sectors. The projects will range in type, size and complexity, and you will be responsible for contributing to project teams to achieve project objectives,
You can be based in any major city centre in Canada with the flexibility to work remotely as part of a national team. Why WSP?
• We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion
• Our Flexible Work Policy
- we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
• A Canadian
success story - we're proud
to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your
ideas and trying new
• A phenomenal collaborative
culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people
who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey. We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future. #WeAre WSP A day in the life:
• Delivery of best in class climate risk and resilience projects
• Contribute to and manage multiple projects to deliver a quality service on time, and on budget
• You will collaborate with all national business lines within WSP providing advisory services with a focus on climate change, climate risks and adaptation planning.
• Provide technical support and guidance on climate risk and resilience related concepts, strategies and design
• Contribute to and manage the development of clear and concise written reports that convey technical information, understanding of the client's needs and objectives and recommendations to meet these objectives
• Contribute to proposals and various client management activities in the climate change, climate change adaptation, and sustainability market sectors at the local and national scales.
• Contribute to the knowledge and professional development of employees in the group
• Lead knowledge and process development initiatives in their area of expertise What you'll bring to WSP ...
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university Architecture, Engineering, or Environmental Sciences program. Masters or PhD an asset. Professional designation such as P.Eng. preferred.
• Experience with climate risk and vulnerability assessments and working knowledge of common industry climate risk assessment protocols and standards including ISO31000, IS014091, ICLEI BARC, and PIEVC Protocol.
• You are passionate about climate change issues and climate resilience, self-motivated and self-directed, collaborative, and able to manage the delivery of high-quality work products with the ability to succeed in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
• Proven experience (5+ years) providing service delivery in cross disciplinary teams
• Previous experience with Greening Government Strategy or other organizational resilience and sustainability strategies an asset. Previous design, construction or project management experience an asset.
• Demonstrated ability to lead/work successfully with teams and to maintain client relationships
• Demonstrated experience in managing projects, clients, service delivery, timelines and budgets
• Exceptional communication, problem solving, critical thinking, time management and strategic decision-making skills
• Desire to learn continuously, work more effectively, and enhance technical and professional skills
• Experience with corporate sustainability reporting, development of decarbonization strategies and life-cycle assessment an asset
• Fluent in English with working proficiency in French as a minimum.
• Ability to obtain Federal Government security clearance
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe and the growing list of our clients including vaccination status as part of their mandated health and safety requirements to work with them, you will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to WSP as a condition of employment.
You may also be required to undergo additional immunization to maintain a fully vaccinated status against COVID-19 whenever local Public Health Authorities recommend additional immunization.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY .
WSP Canada Inc.
Intermediate (6 - 10 years)