ADMN O 27R - Senior Project Manager
Administrative Officer R27
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA (Primary)
$75,552.53 - $86,175.83 annually
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Energy, Mines & Low Carb Inn.
Ministry Branch / Division
Regulatory and Infrastructure Branch/Oil and Gas Division
Job Summary Bring your leadership skills and management expertise to this exciting opportunity
The Oil and Gas Division is responsible for developing and creating a positive climate for the economic, environmental, and socially responsible development of BC's natural gas and petroleum resources for the benefit of all British Columbians.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for managing the planning, development and implementation of policies, programs and high profile projects in petroleum and natural gas upstream infrastructure. A key responsibility of the position is to lead all aspects of managing the Sierra Yoyo Desan Road. The incumbent represents and negotiates on behalf of the Province with senior members of the oil and gas industry on partnership infrastructure agreements, projects and initiatives.Job Requirements:
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Natural Resource Management, Economics, Engineering or other acceptable related field; OR
- An equivalent combination of education and directly related practical experience in an energy or natural resource sector may be considered.
- Experience leading corporate projects of considerable scope and complexity, preferably in a public sector environment.
- Experience negotiating and managing contracts and overseeing the work of contractors or professional consultants.
- Experience developing program frameworks, policy, regulation, and operating standards.
- Experience providing expert advice, guidance and problem solving to senior management, government staff and external stakeholders.
- Experience working in a natural resource environment, preferably associated with oil and/or natural gas development.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Stephen.Pal@gov.bc.ca
.About this Position:
An eligibility list may be established for future permanent and/or temporary opportunities.Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service can help Indigenous applicants (First Nations [status or non-status], Métis or Inuit) interested in BC Public Service job positions.How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements list above.Cover letter: No
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: Yes
- A resume is required as part of your application; however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes.Questionnaire (Comprehensive): Yes
- You will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and how you obtained your relevant experience. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application website. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.Additional Information:
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
The BC Public Service COVID-19 Vaccination Policy defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
Administrative Maintenance and Technicians