ADMN O 27R - Senior Project Manager
Administrative Officer R27
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA (Primary)
$72,724.97 - $83,014.85 annually
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Education and Child Care
Ministry Branch / Division
Child Care Division, Stakeholder Engagement and Divisional Services
Job Summary Senior Project Manager
Administrative Officer R27
An eligibility list may be established.
On November 1, 2021, the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service.More information can be found here .An excellent opportunity for a self-motivated individual who enjoys variety and challenge in their work day
The Project Manager is focused and results oriented, leading all aspects of new program, continual improvement and project management including planning, resource management, partner communication, project leadership, and project administrations to ensure that program objectives are realized. The successful applicant is expected to advise the leadership team and Executive on achieving the Ministry's strategic initiatives.
This challenging role requires an individual with strong communication, people and leadership skills, and project management expertise.
The capital of British Columbia, Victoria is a beautiful city, with beautiful beaches and harbours, and a variety of provincial parks to explore. Located on Vancouver Island, Victoria offers a bustling downtown scene and has a wide range of restaurants and entertainment venues to choose from.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca) .
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Ninette.Ollgaard@gov.bc.ca
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE
: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
Preference may be given to candidates:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Commerce, Business Administration, Public Administration, or a related field (related field includes public sector, social sector, project management, management and leadership); OR an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Two (2) or more years of experience managing multiple projects or leading a component (e.g., sub-project) of a major project.
- Two (2) or more years of experience managing relationships with senior level partners/stakeholders and/or leading consultation sessions.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
- With experience working with Indigenous clients and partners.
- With experience in applying Lean methodologies.
- With experience managing projects in the child care and/or social sector and or a front-line service delivery organization.
- Who identify as First Nations, Métis or Inuit with the required combination of education and experience.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover Letter: YES
- A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire (COMPREHENSIVE): YES
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.IMPORTANT:
Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.
Administrative Maintenance and Technicians