ADMN O 27R - Senior Program Developer, Indigenous Economic Opportunity Position Classification
Administrative Officer R27 Union
Victoria, BC V9B6X2 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$69,900.80 - $79,791.25 annually Close Date
9/10/2019 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Jobs, Trade & Technology Ministry Branch / Division
Investment, Innovation and Technology Job Summary Senior Program Developer, Indigenous Economic Opportunity Administrative Officer R27
An eligibility list may be established. Contribute your flair for organization and prioritization
The Senior Program Developer, Indigenous Economic Opportunity will contribute to the work of the Regional Programs and Engagement (RPE) Branch supporting and facilitating Indigenous peoples and First Nation communities' participation in the economy. This contribution will include RPE's role in hosting the Indigenous Business and Investment Council (IBIC) secretariat, the Federal-Provincial-Territorial Working Group on Innovation and Economic Development's (IED) Indigenous Economic Development Sub-Committee, and other indigenous economic and business development initiatives. The position's primary duties shall include:
- Supports IBIC Secretariat's activities, including leading the coordination of Council operations and its good governance.
- Leading the implementation of the IBIC strategic plan's outreach activities including partnership engagements, industry trade show and Indigenous events outreach, and supervision of IBIC's online presence and assets.
- Implementation of the Federal-Provincial-Territorial IED Working Group's Indigenous Economic Development subcommittee's agenda and work plans.
- Provides support for the Ministry's ongoing policy work and activities for Indigenous economic development.
- Significant public engagement with Indigenous business and community leaders, and Indigenous peoples, and business and industry leaders across the province.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Greg.Booth@gov.bc.ca
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS
. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time , and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you. NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in economics, First Nation studies, Indigenous governance, business administration, political science, public administration or a liberal arts field of study. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in research, policy development, performance review and/or financial/economic analysis.
- Minimum 2 years of experience negotiating agreements and working collaboratively in partnership arrangements.
- Minimum 1 year of experience managing projects and/or project components.
- Significant cultural and social experience in a land-based indigenous community context.
- Experience with protocols and practices for successful engagement with Indigenous peoples and communities.
- Preference may be given to qualified applicants who self-identify as having Indigenous Ancestry (status, non-status, Metis or Inuit).
- Further preference may be given to those with more years of experience in any of the areas above
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover Letter: NO -
Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES -
Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE) -
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire. IMPORTANT:
Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments. Job Category