ADMN O 24R - Senior Project Management Analyst - IRM - CLOSING DATE EXTENDED
Administrative Officer R24
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA (Primary)
$69,185.43 - $78,814.47 annually
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Min of Trans & Infrastructure
Ministry Branch / Division
Strategic & Corporate Priorities
Job Summary ADMN O 24R - Senior Project Management Analyst - IRM
Amendment January 17, 2023: posting closing date extended to February2, 2023 Bring your operational expertise to this unique opportunity
The Corporate Initiatives and Business Excellence(CIBE) Branch leads, coordinates and delivers a variety of corporate programs, projects and services that cross the entire ministry including its employees, stakeholders and key partners. The branch leads continuous improvement and business effectiveness initiatives with the goal of increasing efficiency and effectiveness in our work.
The Information Management and Records Team resides in the CIBE branch and is transforming business processes and methodologies to modernize processes for the management of government information across the ministry. The approach includes moving towards a new way of working and partnering with ministry business areas. Proof of concept projects will be rolled out to define principles, operating procedures and teaching/learning materials that can be deployed to drive organizational innovation in meeting ministry and government goals.
The Senior Project Management Analyst is a unique opportunity to establish a center of excellence for information management and records processes in a diverse, complex ministry.This person will lead projects and design innovative processes to establish a culture of sustainable continuous improvement in the management of government information. Job Requirements:
*Related experience includes the following:
- Degree in business administration, public administration, or a related field and a minimum of 2 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of post-secondary education and *related experience may be considered.
Preference may be given to applicants with the following:
- Experience in planning, developing, coordinating and/or implementing training and professional development initiatives.
- Experience independently managing projects.
- Experience directing the work of staff, project teams and/or contracted resources.
- Experience preparing briefing materials, communication strategies, presentations for a variety of audiences, including executive.
- Experience conducting consultations with clients and/or stakeholders.
- Experience conducting analytical research to support the overall programs.
- Knowledge of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, and the Information Management Act and related policies and procedures.
- Experience using records management systems and the Administrative Records Classification System (ARCS) and/or the Operational Records Classification System (ORCS)
- Experience with electronic data migration processes between diverse software products e.g., TRIM, SharePoint, InEight, ProCore, Jira, Confluence, MS-TEAMS, etc.
- Experience with Electronic Data and Records Management Systems (e.g., TRIM, ImageSoft)
For questions regarding this position, please contact Jayson.Chaplin@gov.bc.ca About this Position:
There is currently one(1)
permanent position available.
This position is located in Victoria.
An eligibility list for future temporary and/or permanent positions may be established. Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service can help Indigenous applicants (First Nations [status or non-status],Métis or Inuit) interested in BC Public Service job positions.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements list above. Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE)
- You will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and how you obtained your relevant experience. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.Additional Information:
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
The BC Public Service COVID-19 Vaccination Policy defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
Administrative Services, Natural Resource Sector
Administrative Maintenance and Technicians