ADMN O 24R - Privacy Advisor
Administrative Officer R24
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA (Primary)
$66,557.72 - $75,884.38 annually
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Citizens' Services
Ministry Branch / Division
Privacy, Compliance and Training
Job Summary Privacy Advisor
Administrative Officer R24
An eligibility list may be established for future permanent and temporary opportunities.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .A great opportunity to take the next step in your career
The Privacy Advisor works in a high-profile, dynamic, results-oriented environment on challenging and complex issues that relate to assessments against applicable information management and privacy legislation and government policy. Assessments include the review of new, or updates to existing, systems, programs, projects and activities for all of government. The position provides overall corporate direction and specialized information management and information privacy expertise to the Government of British Columbia, the broader public sector, and British Columbians.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca) .
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Lara.Berglund@gov.bc.ca
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Undergraduate degree in Public Policy, Public Administration, Criminology, Law or a related field with communications related courses/training; or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Minimum 2 years' recent, related experience including:
- interpreting and applying legislation preferably in relation to privacy issues;
- communications and/or education functions;
- information/education materials design and delivery;
- training development and delivery (or public speaking experience)
- developing and maintaining relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Experience with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIPPA) and related regulations, policy and procedures preferred.
Preference may be given to individuals who have:
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
- Experience reviewing and/or drafting privacy impact assessments (PIAs).
- Completed the BC Information Privacy Certificate.
- Attained or completed other information privacy certification or training (e.g., CIPP-C).
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire (COMPREHENSIVE): YES
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.IMPORTANT:
Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.
Administrative Maintenance and Technicians