ADMN O 24R - Operations Supervisor
Administrative Officer R24
Campbell River, BC V9W 6Y7 CA
Coquitlam, BC V3K 7B9 CA
Courtenay, BC V9N 8H5 CA
Kamloops, BC V2H 1B7 CA
Kelowna, BC V1Z 2S9 CA
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
Nanaimo, BC V9T 6L8 CA
Powell River, BC V8A 5G7 CA
Prince George, BC V2N4P7 CA
Vancouver, BC V6B 0N8 CA
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA
$66,557.72 - $75,884.38 annually
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Education and Child Care
Ministry Branch / Division
CCCC & ECER
Job Summary Operations Supervisor
Administrative Officer R24
An eligibility list may be established.
We offer flexible work arrangements, including the opportunity to volunteer to telework (with conditions) as set out in applicable employer policies. The locations listed are to assist applicants in searching for this opportunity. This position may be performed in other approved locations within the Province of BC. For specific information about a location, applicants must contact the Hiring Manager to confirm if working remotely from that location could be considered.
On November 1, 2021, the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19.Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service.More information can be found here . A great opportunity to take the next step in your career
This position provides support to the $10 a Day ChildCareBC Program. The Ministry of Education and Child Care provides funding to child care sites across the province to support a universal child care initiative through the $10 a Day ChildCareBC Program. The Ministry is working to expand the number of quality, low-cost, child care spaces at existing child care facilities to support families across the province.
The Operations Supervisor provides leadership and guidance to the team members involved in program management and new program intakes. They establish a sound framework by ensuring operational resources and service standards are managed to deliver service excellence to ensure consistent program delivery.
An effective supervisor, you serve as a positive role model for your team, promoting a collaborative and productive work environment and ensuring timely service delivery. You are customer service-oriented and exhibit a high degree of tact, diplomacy and discretion when dealing with stakeholders, other government staff and the public.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca) .
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Anastasia.Cyprus@gov.bc.ca
.DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you. NOTE
: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition. Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
Preference may be given to applicants who have:
- Diploma in Business Administration, Public Administration or a related field.Anequivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience directly supervising team members.
- Experience interpreting and applying legislation, regulations and policy.
- Experience providing formal written and verbal reports and recommendations to senior leadership.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
- Supervision experience within a unionized environment.
- Experience handling more complex human resource situations, such as performance or disciplinary issues.
- Experience in a Service Delivery or Contact Centre setting.
- Experience with Child Care programs.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required. APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: Cover letter required: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed. Resume required: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying. Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE)
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire. IMPORTANT
: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.
Administrative Maintenance and Technicians