ADMN O 24R - Issues and Risk Analyst - CLOSING DATE EXTENDED
Administrative Officer R24
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA (Primary)
$69,185.43 - $78,814.47 annually
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Health
Ministry Branch / Division
Corporate Issues & Client Relations
Amendment (January 26): Posting closing date extended to February 3. An excellent opportunity to apply your analytical expertise
To provide analysis, advice and recommendations regarding a wide variety of health authority and province-wide health issues and operational service issues; lead contingency planning as required; manage projects related to health care service delivery; coordinate and/or manage reporting of adverse events and service issues; and manage relationships with health authorities and stakeholders. To independently manage assigned policy development projects focused on the review and revision of existing ministry programs or legislation.Job Requirements:
*Recent related progressive experience must include:
- Degree in business administration, public administration, health sciences, social sciences or a related field, and a minimum of 2 years progressive and recent related experience* (if master's degree is obtained, then a minimum of 1 year of progressive and recent, related experience is required); OR
- Diploma in business administration, public administration, health sciences, social sciences or a related field, and a minimum of 4 years progressive and recent related experience*; OR
- No post secondary education and a minimum of 6 years progressive and recent related experience*
- Demonstrated experience establishing and maintaining productive working relationships with contacts including: clients, executive level staff, internal and external government agencies and/or stakeholder groups
- Experience providing issues management advice and preparing briefing documents
- Preference may be given to applicants with experience in adverse event reporting and Issues management
- This position includes regular/frequent exposure to difficult and sometimes disturbing information involving health related adverse events impacting a range of populations
For questions regarding this position, please contact email@example.com
.About this Position:
We currently have a temporary opportunity until December 31, 2023.
This position may become permanent or be extended.
An eligibility list may be established for future permanent and/or temporary vacancies.Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service can help Indigenous applicants (First Nations [status or non-status],Métis or Inuit) interested in BC Public Service job positions.How to Apply:Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements list above.Cover Letter: NO -
Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES -
Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire: YES -
You will be required to answer a standard questionnaire.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.Additional Information:
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
The BC Public Service COVID-19 Vaccination Policy defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
Administrative Maintenance and Technicians