ADMN O 21R - Performance Management Analyst **CLOSING DATE EXTENDED** Position Classification
Administrative Officer R21 Union
Victoria, BC V9B6X2 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$58,629.96 - $66,726.25 annually Close Date
2/2/2020 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Health Ministry Branch / Division
PPM/HSIAR Job Summary Performance Management Analyst
Administrative Officer R21
An eligibility list may be established. An opportunity to utilise your research expertise in health sector stewardship
The Ministry of Health has overall responsibility for ensuring that quality, appropriate, cost effective and timely health services are available for all British Columbians. The Ministry is responsible for provincial legislation and regulations related to health care, including the Medicare Protection Act and the Health Professions Act. The Ministry also directly manages a number of provincial programs and services, including the Medical Services Plan, PharmaCare and the BC Vital Statistics Agency.
In the role of Performance Management Analyst, you willconduct research andanalysisto help support Ministry policies and programs.In this role, you will workindependently and as part of a dynamic team using various assessment methods to analyze and compare data, integrate statistical and analytical information in different narrative formats,as well as research provincial and federal policies impacting ministry/branch programs and services. As the Performance Management Analyst, you will use your communication skills to prepare high quality written materials and presentations on current and emerging issues in health care. Your responsibilities will also involve working with staff in program areas across the Ministry to establish overall Ministry direction and objectives.
The capital of British Columbia, Victoria is a beautiful city, with beautiful beaches and harbours, and a variety of provincial parks to explore. Located on Vancouver Island, Victoria offers a bustling downtown scene and has a wide range of restaurants and entertainment venues. With over 200 different occupations available in 280 communities across the province, we offer exciting opportunities for your career.Come be a part of the BC Public Service, a Top 100 Employer that embraces diversity, health and career growth. For more information, please see What We Offer .
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Kirn.Khaira@gov.bc.ca
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
*Recent related experience must include the following:
- Degree in business administration, public administration, or a related field and a minimum of 2 years related* experience (if Master's Degree is held, then 1 year of recent related* experience is required), OR
- Diploma in business administration, public administration, or a related field and a minimum of 3 yearsrecent related* experience, OR
- No degree and a minimum of 5 yearsrecent related* experience.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
- Experience researching health care-related issues and conducting analysis.
- Experience independently managing projects and/or project components, involving multiple stakeholder groups.
- Experience interpreting statistical reports and presenting findings to senior executives.
- Experience gathering, synthesizing, evaluating, reporting and interpreting data and information from diverse sources.
- Preference may be given to applicants with experience working in the health care sector.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover letter required: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume required: YES
- A resume is required as part of your application; however, itmay notbe used for initial shortlisting purposes.Questionnaire (COMPREHENSIVE): YES
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.IMPORTANT:
Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.Job Category
Administrative Services, Health Services, Policy, Research and Economics