ADMN O 21R - Business Application Advisor Position Classification
Administrative Officer R21 Union
Victoria, BC V9B6X2 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$60,998.61 - $69,422.06 annually Close Date
8/4/2021 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Public Safety & Sol General Ministry Branch / Division
Policing and Security Branch Job Summary Business Application Advisor
Administrative Officer 21R
An eligibility list may be established for future permanent and/or temporary vacancies.
Due to present physical distancing requirements related to COVID-19, the recruitment process for this competition may take place virtually.An excellent opportunity to advance your business application skills
The Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General is responsible for ensuring the security and economic viability of British Columbia's communities through effective policing, corrections, and protective and regulatory programs. Under the Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General umbrella, the Policing and Security Branch superintends law enforcement and other security programs in the province.
The Security Programs Division provides statutorily governed public safety programs including: Cannabis Security Screening, Criminal Records Review Act (CRRA) Program, Security Services Act (SSA) Program, and non-statutorily governed programs such as the Protection Order Registry (POR) and the Personnel Security Screening Office (PSSO).
In the role of Business Applications Advisor,you arepart of a team of business analysts and business application advisors who provide support to Security Programs Division's program areas and operations in the design, development, ongoing implementation,andenhancement and maintenance of multiple business applications that meet current and future business needs.The ideal candidate works effectively in a team environment while also independently managing projects and tasks. If you have expertise inbusiness applications,implementation planningand systems testing,are askilled analytical thinker, effective communicator and thrive in a dynamic environment with evolving priorities, we look forward to your application.
The capital of British Columbia, Victoria is a beautiful city, with beautiful beaches and harbours, and a variety of provincial parks to explore. Located on Vancouver Island, Victoria offers a bustling downtown scene and has a wide range of restaurants and entertainment venues. The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For advice and guidance on applying and/or preparing for an interview for this opportunity, we invite applicants to connect with the Indigenous Applicant Advisor Amanda by email: IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca
or by phone: 778-698-1336.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact James.Bradbury@gov.bc.ca
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- A diploma in public or business administration or program related area plus 2 years or more related experience, OR
- An equivalent combination of related experience, education and training may be considered.
- Experience analyzing, defining, documenting, and translating business processes.
- One-year or more experience with multiple business applications. This experience must include implementation planning, the development of test scenarios and leading systems testing.
- One-year or more experience analyzing business area enhancements for priority, risk, cost-benefit, and impacts on other business applications.
- Experience working collaboratively with various stakeholders on business process change involving automation.
- Experience working independently and collaboratively in a team environment with multiple testers and stakeholders.
Preference may be given to applicants with:
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
- Experience maintaining and enhancing Justice Sector applications.
- Experience leading project teams or Agile project experience.
Enhanced Security Screening will be required.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire (COMPREHENSIVE): YES -
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.IMPORTANT:
Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.Job Category
Administrative Services, Information Management/Information Technology, Leadership and Management