ADMN O 18R - Timber Pricing Analyst
Administrative Officer R18
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA (Primary)
$58,319.24 - $66,096.20 annually
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Ministry of Forests
Ministry Branch / Division
Timber Pricing Branch / Timber, Range and Economics Division
Job Summary Your IT skills, confidence and initiative will be valued in this challenging role.
The Timber Pricing Branch mandate is to assert the financial interest of the Crown in its forest and range resources in a systematic and equitable manner. The Branch manages multiple complex revenue information technology systems that must be maintained and modified to ensure that the government forest revenues are billed in a timely and accurate manner.
As the Timber Pricing Analyst, you will provide IT expertise and services to pricing systems. This includes user acceptance testing, regression testing, documentation and maintenance of the timber pricing systems. Your analytical expertise will inform application support decisions for escalated issues from the Helpdesk, where you will consult with users, developers, and business owners to resolve incidents. If you are a confident IT professional, knowledgeable in data structure and data integrity, seeking to apply your skills to a new subject matter, then this is the job for you.
Explore the opportunities and value working with our team can offer you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it-9laHaKyc&feature=youtu.be .Job Requirements:
• Degree in computer science plus 1 year of related experience, or diploma in computer science plus 2 years of related experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Related Experience Includes:
• Experience with business applications including user support, data integrity, administrative functions, troubleshooting and user acceptance testing.
• Experience participating in, or contributing to, application development projects from either an information technology or an operational business process perspective.
• Recent, within the last 5 years, experience writing, editing and co-ordinating systems related documentation.
• Experience providing IT troubleshooting support and helping end users to use and understand computer hardware and software.
• Experience with relational databases, table structures, data types and query languages. Preference may be given for one or more of the following:
• Experience with Oracle and SQL databases, table structures, data types and query languages.
• Experience or formal training in advanced Structured Query Language (SQL).
• Experience in the use of support software such as XML Spy and SQL Developer.
• Experience in the use of E-Commerce Appraisal System (ECAS) or General Appraisal System II (GAS).
For questions regarding this position, please contact Glenn.X.Beauvais@gov.bc.ca
.About this Position:
An eligibility list may be established.Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service can help Indigenous applicants (First Nations [status or non-status],Métis or Inuit) interested in BC Public Service job positions.
The BC Public Service is an award-winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements list above.Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- A resume is required as part of your application; however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes.Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE)
- You will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and how you obtained your relevant experience. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.Additional Information:
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
The BC Public Service COVID-19 Vaccination Policy defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition
Administrative Maintenance and Technicians