ADMN O 18R - Prevention Coordinator Position Classification
Administrative Officer R18 Union
GEU Work Options
Kamloops, BC V2H 1B7 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$62,255.85 - $70,557.73 annually Close Date
9/24/2023 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Ministry of Forests Ministry Branch / Division
BC Wildfire Service Job Summary Provide project administration support services for complex projects in this career building role
The BC Wildfire Service (BCWS) is the Province of BC's primary emergency response organization. It operates year-round to deliver its mandate for wildfire management and response to natural hazard emergencies. The BCWS operates provincially, delivering services through six fire centres, thirty-three zones and two provincial centres in Kamloops and Victoria.
To provide technical project management coordination functions for a variety of large scale complex projects throughout the project management life-cycle (i.e. initiation, planning, execution, control and close-out). In addition, is directly accountable for assigned portions (e.g., sub projects) of larger projects as a project team member.
This position is responsible for performing a core set of functions related to wildfire prevention.
Explore the opportunities and value working with our team can offer you: Why Work for the Ministry of Forests .Job Requirements:
Education and Experience:
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Some post-secondary education or training in the area of project management, or equivalent.
- Experience in developing and maintaining relationships and partnerships with Indigenous Rightsholders and stakeholders.
- Experience developing, managing and/or monitoring programs or projects.
- Experience analyzing information and creating reports and/or presentations summarizing the information.
- Experience providing project management and coordination services for assigned projects.
Preference may be given to candidates with:
- Minimum of 1 year supervisory experience.
- Experience in Emergency Response Management.
- Valid Class 5 driver licence or equivalent.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Rachel.Woodhurst@gov.bc.ca
.About this Position: Kamloops
: Kamloops is surrounded by over one hundred lakes as well as the North and South Thompson rivers. Water-based activities are very popular, such as fishing, kayaking, canoeing, rafting, tubing, skiing, snowmobiling, and ice-fishing. Kamloops has a very strong First Nations culture.
Flexible work options are available; this position may be able to work 2 or more days at home per week subject to an approved telework agreement.
An eligibility list may be established to fill future temporary and permanent vacancies.
Employees of the BC Public Service must be located in BC at the time of employment.Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For guidance on applying and interviewing, please contact IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca
The BC Public Service is an award-winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements listed above.Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire: YES
- You will need to complete a basic questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.Additional Information:
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Category
Administrative Maintenance and Technicians