ADMN O 18R - Marketing Coordinator Position Classification
Administrative Officer R18 Union
GEU Work Options
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
Vancouver, BC V6B 0N8 CA
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CASalary Range
$62,255.85 - $70,557.73 annually Close Date
6/7/2023 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Jobs, Econom Dev & Innovation Ministry Branch / Division
Trade Policy, Analytics and Marketing Job Summary Share your skills, initiative and service delivery in this energizing role
The Trade and Industry Development Division (TID), part of the Ministry of Jobs, Economic Development, and Innovation, facilitates trade promotion, investment attraction, industry development and supports initiatives to increase export capacity in all regions of the province.
The Trade Policy, Analytics and Marketing Branch leads the planning, development, negotiation, implementation and management of British Columbia's internal (domestic) and international trade agreements, policies and priorities leading to more open and expanded market access for B.C.'s exportable products and services.
The Marketing team takes a leadership role in creating and communicating the B.C. business brand to facilitate meaningful connections that drive investment attraction and trade development in British Columbia.
The Marketing Coordinator manages information services, business engagement, and economic development projects to advance business development objectives.Job Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in Marketing, Journalism or Communications or a related discipline plus a minimum of three years related experience*;
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Preference may be given to applicants with a degree or diploma in Marketing, Journalism or Communication.
*Related Experience includes:
- Minimum 3 years' experience in writing (e.g. newsletters, collateral copy, social media content);
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a high volume, fast-paced client/customer support environment;
- Minimum 3 years' experience coordinating marketing projects; and
- Minimum 3 years' experience in developing and delivering presentations.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Theresa.Wittstock@gov.bc.ca
.About this Position:
This is a temporary opportunity until April 30, 2024.A permanent appointment may result from this temporary appointment.
An eligibility list may be established to fill future temporary and permanent vacancies.
This position can be based in any of the following Ministry of Jobs, Economic Development and Innovation offices: Vancouver and Victoria.
Flexible work options are available; this position may be able to work up to 3 days at home per week as per the Telework Agreement.Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For guidance on applying and interviewing, please contact IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca
The BC Public Service is an award-winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements listed above.Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire: YES
- You will need to complete a comprehensive questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and how you obtained your relevant experience. The questionnaire will take approximately 60 minutes to complete.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.Additional Information:
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Category
Administrative Maintenance and Technicians