ADMN O 18R - Business Application Analyst Position Classification
Administrative Officer R18 Union
GEU Work Options
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$62,255.85 - $70,557.73 annually Close Date
5/30/2023 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Public Safety & Sol General Ministry Branch / Division
Community Safety & Crime Prevention/ Civil Forfeiture Office Job Summary Bring your strong administrative experience and superior organizational skills to this challenging position
The Civil Forfeiture Office (CFO) is responsible for statutory decision making in accord with the Civil Forfeiture Act (the Act).The Act provides the Director, Civil Forfeiture with the authority to commence proceedings against property, in rem. Ownership of property subject to forfeiture proceedings may be subsumed by the Province.
Reporting to the Program Evaluation Manager, the Analyst represents the CFO in the design, development, implementation, and ongoing enhancement and maintenance of its business applications to meet current and future business needs. The position has technical knowledge of both the judicial and administrative processes and designs and develops complicated workflows that it then integrates into the case management system. The Analyst is an expert in CFO processes and uses this knowledge to ensure applications are kept current, works with vendors, and alone, to troubleshoot issues and implement enhancements, provides statistical summaries and reports for executive use, and oversees the accounting of funds into and out of the CFO's special operating account.
You are able to work effectively in a team environment, while also independently managing projects and tasks. You are a skilled analytical thinker, an effective communicator, have excellent time management techniques, and thrive in a dynamic environment with evolving priorities.Job Requirements:
- A diploma or degree in computer science, accounting, public or business administration or a related field.
- Experience working collaboratively on business process change involving automation.
- Experience with business applications including implementation, planning, testing, and security.
- Experience developing analytical reportsusing Excel, Power BI, and/or Tableau.
Preference may be given to applicants with:
- Experience using Salesforce, or a like system (i.e., Dynamics) under an administrator profile.
- Experience with the B.C. government's Corporate Accounting System.
- Experience generating financial forecasts.
- Experience implementing and/or monitoring quality assurance systems in a business environment.
- Experience with the B.C. government's procurement process.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Jessica.Ward@gov.bc.ca
.About this Position:
There is currently a 12 month temporary opportunity available which may be extended and/or become permanent.
An eligibility list may be established to fill future temporary and permanent vacancies.
Flexible work options are available; this position may be able to work from home a few days a week as per the Telework Agreement.Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For guidance on applying and interviewing, please contact IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca
or 778-405-3452.How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements listed above.Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.A resume is required as part of your application, however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes.Questionnaire: YES
- You will need to complete a comprehensive questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and how you obtained your relevant experience. The questionnaire will take approximately 60 minutes to complete.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.Additional Information:
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Category
Administrative Maintenance and Technicians