ADMN O 18R - Assistant Regional Manager Position Classification
Administrative Officer R18 Union
Vancouver, BC V9B 5J3 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$54,933.89 - $62,318.99 annually Close Date
11/29/2020 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Health Ministry Branch / Division
Vital Statistics Agency Job Summary Assistant Regional Manager
Administrative Officer 18
An eligibility list may be established.A great opportunity to take the next step in your career!
The Vital Statistics Agency is responsible through legislation for the following registries: births, deaths, stillbirths, marriages, change of name, adoptions, and wills. Other services include: issuing marriage licences, disposition permits and certificates; appointing marriage licence issuers, marriage commissioners, district registrars, and the registration of religious representatives. The Agency also recognizes religious denominations for the purpose of solemnizing marriages. The Agency is responsible for the appointment of service providers by providing direction regarding policy and legislation, training, and in hiring adequate levels of resources to ensure community needs are met throughout the Province.
Under the general direction of the Regional Manager, the Assistant Regional Manager is responsible for the supervision, coordination and monitoring of the delivery of services in an assigned region of the Province. The position supervises the direct service delivery activities and administrative functions within the Regional Office. This position functions as a contact for many stakeholders, such as the general public, MLAs, MPs, the legal community, post-secondary education institutions, other agencies and health care providers. This position supervises a very large group of service providers, responds to complex service requests, assists with recruitment and orientation of service providers, ensures financial security, and ensures accurate service provision and resources for appointed service providers.
The incumbent must be conversant with all Acts administered by the Agency, including the Vital Statistics Act, the Marriage Act, the Wills Act, and the Name Act. Knowledge of the Acts and policy must be extensive to answer the varied questions from staff, outside service providers and customers. This position requires the ability to accurately interpret related legislation and defend the Agency's position as it relates to legislation and associated policy statements.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Alicia.Singh@gov.bc.ca
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
*RECENT AND PROGRESSIVE RELATED EXPERIENCE MUST INCLUDE ALL OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Bachelor's Degree in public or business administration, or a related field and a minimum of 2 years *recent and progressive related experience; OR
- Diploma in public or business administration, or a related field and a minimum of 3 years *recent and progressive related experience; OR
- An equivalent combination of post-secondary degree or diploma and experience may be considered.
- Two (2) or more years recent (within the last 5 years) experience supervising a group of subordinate positions within a workplace environment that includes allocating work duties, managing employee performance and delivering training.
Preference may be given to applicants with:
- Experience in the use and application of policy and interpretation of legislation.
- Experience using and maintaining MS Excel and MS Word applications for reporting and correspondence purposes.
- Experience in the application of financial policies and procedures.
- Experience building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders.
- Experience in human resources, including hiring.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
- Health sector experience.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: Cover letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- A resume is required as part of your application; however, itmay notbe used for initial shortlisting purposes.Questionnaire (COMPREHENSIVE): YES
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.IMPORTANT:
Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.Job Category
Health Services, Leadership and Management