ADMN O 18R - Administrative Consultant Position Classification
Administrative Officer R18 Union
Victoria, BC V9B6X2 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$54,933.89 - $62,318.99 annually Close Date
7/13/2020 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Children & Family Development Ministry Branch / Division
Provincial Director of Child Welfare Job Summary Administrative Consultant
Administrative Officer R18
An eligibility list may be established for future permanent and/or temporary vacanciesA great opportunity to take the next step in you career!
The purpose of the Administrative Consultant is to provide technical corporate management functions for a variety of projects including financial, procurement and human resource planning for the Division. In addition, the position will provide consultative advice, support and expertise to a variety of client areas, in the following business areas: project management, business process review and evaluation, business/ planning, and continuous improvement.
The capital of British Columbia, Victoria is a beautiful city, with beautiful beaches and harbours, and a variety of provincial parks to explore. Located on Vancouver Island, Victoria offers a bustling downtown scene and has a wide range of restaurants and entertainment venues to choose from.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Lisa.Marshman@gov.bc.ca
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS
. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Degree in a related field (e.g. business administration, communications, economics, social work, child and youth care, or project management) and a minimum one year of experience writing and presenting for a leadership/management audience (e.g. reports, case notes, and summaries of decisions), OR;
- Diploma in a related field (e.g. business administration, communications, economics, social work, child and youth care, project management) and a minimum three years of experience writing and presenting for a leadership/management audience (e.g. reports, case notes, and summaries of decisions), OR;
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
- 6 months experience using Microsoft Excel to analyze financial data, including financial forecasting, and visualize data (including but not limited to the creation of graphs, charts and other representations)
- Three years of experience with Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Preference may be given to applicants who have Indigenous heritage (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) with the required combination of education and experience.
CRC - A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES -
A resume is required as part of your application; however, itmay notbe used for initial shortlisting purposes.Questionnaire (COMPREHENSIVE): YES -
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.IMPORTANT
: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.Job Category