Full-time, Contract (April - August 22, 2020 *with opportunity for extension)
Date Posted: February 14, 2020
Who we are...
The Pacific National Exhibition is an iconic institution in BC, famous for bringing generations of people together to celebrate and build memories. This 110 year old, non-profit organization has an annual operating budget of $48 million dollars and generates revenue through three activity streams: the 15 day annual summer Fair which averages 800,000 guests each year, Playland amusement park which welcomes 375,000 guests annually including Fright Nights, year-round events including concerts, trade shows and film, cultural and community events. The PNE is proud of the work it does at Hastings Park and has a management team that is passionate about events, guest experience and being the best we can be.
We are looking for someone to join our People & Culture Team to help support the department with various People & Culture programs and initiatives.
Why join our Team?
- Exhilarating and fun-loving culture
- Flexible work environment
- Be a part of the growth of one of Vancouvers most iconic institutions
- Join a diverse, passionate and enthusiastic team
What will you DO this year?
In your role as a People & Culture Administrator, your primary role will be to:
- Assist with general recruitment, including job posting, screening and sorting applications, reference checks, background checks, and post-interview data entry.
- Provide general administrative support for department, including answering telephone calls, emails, greeting visitors and processing mail.
- Update and maintain employee records and files.
- Assists with the administration of PNE staff recognition programs, training programs, and engagement programs.
- Create and distribute various employee newsletters and memos.
- Assist the People & Cultures sub-department Employee Services as it pertains to employee uniform distribution and tracking.
- Assist with researching and communicating with local businesses to facilitate contra trades.
- Participate in the PNE Fair/Playland recruitment; assisting with the group interviews process and one-on-one interviews.
- Submit expense reports, cheque requisitions and invoices to the Finance Department.
- Support and train seasonal People & Culture team members as needed.
- Undertakes a variety of People & Culture projects and duties as assigned.
- You have completed or are currently enrolled in a post-secondary program in Human Resource or Business, or have an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of general office experience is an asset .
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office suite applications; previous experience with an HRIS or Applicant Tracking System is considered an asset.
- Excellent administrative, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to deal with confidential matters and use discretion.
- Ability to work extended hours at peak periods when required.
- Ability to work in a team environment, and foster effective working relationships with peers, employees and guests.
Who are you?
- Critical Thinker
- Skillful Communicator
Where and when to APPLY?
Applications can be submitted via the PNE website at www.pne.ca/jobs and will be accepted until the role is filled.
Preference will be given to candidates who submit their resume/cover letter before Sunday, March 8. We look forward to hearing from you!
About Pacific National Exhibition
No single location in Vancouver captures the spirit and history of this city, its people and its many achievements as the Pacific National Exhibition. Since 1910, millions of guests have enjoyed sh...Read More