The office of Public Health Protection covers areas such as food hygiene, communicable disease control, safe drinking water, environmental protection, land use facility record keeping, and licensing of residential and day care facilities.
The position performs a variety of administrative support functions with emphasis in the areas of program- specific data entry, word processing, composing correspondence, data entry, report and document typing. Responsibilities include routine clerical duties such as reception duties and answering general inquiries related to programs and policies. Qualifications
- Grade 12.
- Office Careers Program Certificate and at least one year office experience.
- Intermediate level experience in using computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook or equivalent.
- Any other computer data entry experience will be considered an asset.Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, as well as communicate technical information to non-technical clients.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Minimum typing speed of 50 wpm.
- Possess organizing, prioritizing and coordinating skills.
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others.
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
- Must have the physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems.
View Terrace Community