Administrative Supervisor, BC Children's & Women's Health Centre, Vancouver BC As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
Reporting to the Business Operations Managers, the Administrative Supervisor is responsible for a variety of administrative and operational functions, related to the daily operations of Child Health programs. The position supervises designated staff, including scheduling, authorizing requests, providing functional/resource direction and guidance, and overall performance management. As a member of the Child Health Administrative team, and in collaboration with the Senior Directors, Business Operations Managers and Program Managers, the position completes special projects related to business process redesign and overall continuous quality improvements across programs. What you'll do
What you bring
- Provide daily supervision and functional guidance to delegated staff using effective management techniques (e.g., monitoring performance, coaching, and skill development) to support the achievement of required outcomes and ensure adherence to accreditation, regulatory, and safety standards. Investigate work and staff issues, conduct first-level performance management, escalating complex discipline issues as may be required.
- Act as a resource across Programs by providing functional guidance regarding staffing, policies and procedures, business processes, and system navigation.
- Manage the recruitment and selection process for designated staff vacancies, including initiation of posting, screening of applications, scheduling/conducting interviews involving clinical representatives as required, and completing reference checks. Negotiate start date with incumbent's immediate supervisor and arranges orientation of incumbent in designated area. Complete and sign Human Resources documentation to affect the change(s).
- Responsible for probationary and annual performance review process for designated staff by soliciting/ compiling feedback, and reviewing it with the employee. Appropriate and timely follow-up is conducted.
- Ensure that rotations for delegated areas are correct and appropriately coded. Authorize and schedule relief staff as required to maintain staffing levels and minimize disruption.
- Participate in LEAN, business process re-design and other quality initiatives for the designated programs and facilitates implementation of approved modifications to ensure optimal use of organizational resources and safe delivery of patient care.
- Collaboratively supports planning for and integration of new medical staff into the programmatic structure. Performs timekeeping function, inclusive of hours submission and vacation bank management, for all physicians within designated portfolio(s).
- Assist in the compilation of annual and ad hoc capital budget requests. Order any minor equipment as directed.
- Complete and submit e-forms related to postings, new hires, transfers, leaves and resignations.
Education, Training and Experience
- A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to grade 12 education or higher, and secretarial or business training, plus a minimum of five years related experience as an administrator, co-ordinator or supervisor.
Skills & Knowledge
What we bring
- Proven leadership experience in a management role including successful management of staff in a unionized environment.
- Demonstrated capability of maintaining high level of effectiveness and performance under pressure.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with individuals at all levels, both internal and external to PHSA, C&W and UBC.
- Ability to work independently, plan, organize, coordinate, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Advanced level of computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and a working knowledge of PC applications.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the job.
- Commitment to upholding the shared responsibility of creating lasting and meaningful reconciliation in Canada as per TRC (2015) and BC's Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act (2019).
- As a strong asset for consideration, we are looking for our successful candidate to have; knowledge of social, economic, political and historical realities impacting indigenous communities and familiarity with Indigenous Cultural Safety and anti-racism and accompanying reports (BC DRIPA, TRC, etc.).
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San'yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Regular Full-Time Wage: $
61,718.00 - $88,720.00/yr. The starting salary for this position would be determined with consideration of the successful candidate's relevant education and experience, and would be in alignment with the provincial compensation reference plan. Salary will be prorated accordingly for part time roles. Location:
4500 Oak Street, Vancouver BC V6H 2N9 Hours of Work:
0700-1500, Mon-Fri. Requisition #
146165 What we do
BC Children's & Women's Health Centre is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA). BC Children's Hospital (BCCH) provides care for the most seriously ill or injured children and youth from across British Columbia. BC Women's Hospital & Health Centre (BCW) is dedicated to improving the health of women, newborns and families through a comprehensive range of services, research and education.
The Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BC Children's & Women's Health Centre are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment. ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of May 31, 2023
. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264
. Please note regular business hours are Monday - Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com
and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.