Administrative Supervisor 1
Children's & Women's Health Centre, VancouverWhat you'll do
What you bring
- Provides daily supervision and functional guidance to delegated staff using effective management techniques (e.g., monitoring performance, coaching, and skill development) to support the achievement of required outcomes and ensure adherence to accreditation, regulatory, and safety standards. Investigates work and staff issues, conducts first-level performance management, escalating complex discipline issues as may be required.
- Acts as a resource across Programs by providing functional guidance regarding staffing, policies and procedures, business processes, and system navigation.
- Manages the recruitment and selection process for designated staff vacancies, including initiation of posting, screening of applications, scheduling/conducting interviews involving clinical representatives as required, and completing reference checks. Negotiates start date with incumbent's immediate supervisor and arranges orientation of incumbent in designated area. Completes and signs Human Resources documentation to affect the change(s).
- Responsible for probationary and annual performance review process for designated staff by soliciting/ compiling feedback, and reviewing it with the employee. Appropriate and timely follow-up is conducted.
- Ensures that rotations for delegated areas are correct and appropriately coded. Authorizes and schedules relief staff as required to maintain staffing levels and minimize disruption.
- Participates in LEAN, business process re-design and other quality initiatives for the designated programs and facilitates implementation of approved modifications to ensure optimal use of organizational resources and safe delivery of patient care.
- Collaboratively supports planning for and integration of new medical staff into the programmatic structure. Performs timekeeping function, inclusive of hours submission and vacation bank management, for all physicians within designated portfolio(s).
- Assists in the compilation of annual and ad hoc capital budget requests. Orders any minor equipment as directed.
- Completes and submits e-forms related to postings, new hires, transfers, leaves and resignations.
What's in it for you
- A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to grade 12 education or higher, and secretarial or business training, plus a minimum of five years related experience as an administrator, co-ordinator or supervisor.
- Proven leadership experience in a management role including successful management of staff in a unionized environment. Demonstrated capability of maintaining high level of effectiveness and performance under pressure.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with individuals at all levels, both internal and external to PHSA, C&W and UBC. Ability to work independently, plan, organize, coordinate, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Advanced level of computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and a working knowledge of PC applications.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the job.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job type: Full-Time
Hours of work: 0800-1600 with flex as per operationally required
Reference number: 98284What we do
BC Women's Hospital + Health Centre (BCW) bcwomens.ca is dedicated to improving the health of women, newborns and families through a comprehensive range of services, research and education.
BC Women's Hospital + Health Centre program is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.