Administrative Secretary, Specialty Medicine BC Children's Hospital Vancouver, BC As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
The Administrative Secretary provides secretarial support within the Specialty Medicine program. Tasks include secretarial support to the office and the Medical Director, scheduling clinic appointments, submitting check requisitions for reimbursements and expenditures to PHSA Finance, typing, sorting and distributing related documents, and inputting, sorting and retrieving data into/from databases, obtaining patient information utilizing computerized software applications according to established policies, standards and procedures. What you'll do
What you bring
- Schedule patient appointments and book follow-up appointments into database. Input, sort, retrieve and maintain database of patient information according to established policies, standards and procedures.
- Perform reception duties including receiving and directing patients, answering, screening and redirecting phone calls, taking messages including calls from pharmacies for refill prescriptions and verification.
- Perform word processing for the program such as drafting letters, drafting agendas, letters to outside facilities either local or provincial.
- Arrange meetings as directed, book meeting rooms. Maintain calendars, record, transcribe and distribute minutes or notes of meetings.
- Send, receive, sort, and distribute all incoming mail, faxes, reports and documents and processes outgoing mail. Arrange for courier service as needed.
- Maintaining inventory of office/medical supplies for program by processing requisitions' for stationary and medical supplies, according to prescribed guidelines and instructions.
- Prepare and submit expense claims by ensuring invoices are coded to correct cost centre and authorized for payment. Maintain a bring-forward system for all billings/invoices. Submit check requisitions for reimbursements and expenditures to PHSA finance.
- Access database and input/extract information to establish, maintain and store financial data.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What we bring
- Grade 12 and two year's recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Ability to keyboard at 45 wpm.
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San'yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Temporary Full-Time (until 06/21/2024)
$24.41 per hour
4500 Oak Street, Vancouver
Hours of Work:
136408 What we do
BC Children's Hospital is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA). BC Children's Hospital (BCCH) provides care for the most seriously ill or injured children and youth from across British Columbia.
The Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BC Children's Hospital are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment. ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of November 29, 2022
. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264
. Please note regular business hours are Monday - Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com
and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.