Administrative Clerk - Okanagan Correctional Centre Correctional Health Services, BC Mental Health and Substance Use Services
Casual Opportunities Available
Wage: $22.94 per hour
Location: Okanagan Correctional Centre, 200 Enterprise Way, Oliver, BC
Hours: As operations require to cover sick leave and vacation.
Working within a trauma-informed framework and Indigenous cultural lens, help our team by performing a variety of clerical and client-related activities for the health care centre. What you'll do
What you bring
- Schedule and book client and follow-up appointments which includes booking Interdisciplinary appointments, adjusting arrangements in accordance with client and centre requirements and notifying clinicians and BC Corrections staff, ensuring that appropriate date, time, and location are provided to BC Corrections staff.
- Register and admit clients into PAC or Health Care Record, ensuring client demographics and appropriate information is complete and accurate and following up with appropriate clinicians or BC Corrections staff as necessary. Advise appropriate clinicians that the patient has arrived.
- Perform referral functions including duties such as checking to ensure that all required information is complete as identified by specialty clinics, gathering additional/missing information, performing data entry, sending out client questionnaires, and receiving and processing related paperwork.
- Maintain a variety of records by performing duties such as data entry, collating information, maintaining log sheets and client statistics. Follow up with appropriate team members as necessary.
- Type and distribute a variety of technical and non-technical material such as correspondence (including re-direct letters), reports, notices, agendas, notes/minutes of meetings, spreadsheets by utilizing various computerized word processing and spreadsheet software packages, creating files and editing material for stylistic consistency and grammar as required.
What's in it for you
- Grade 12 graduation
- Two (2) years' recent experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- The ability to keyboard 40 w.p.m.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
- The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- The ability to deal with others effectively
- The ability to organize work
- The ability to operate related equipment
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
What we do
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services (BCMHSUS) bcmhsus.ca cares for people with complex mental health and substance use challenges.
Check out this video to see what it's like to work with Correctional Health Services: https://youtu.be/gxlRP0dnKYA
PHSA plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.