Administrative Assistant to the Corporate Director, Medical Affairs, Quality, Safety and Risk ManagementPHSA CorporateVancouver
Are you an organised person with strong administrative and secretarial skills? The Administrative Assistant provides confidential administrative and secretarial support to the Corporate Director, Medical Affairs, Quality, Safety and Risk Management of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).What you'll do
What you bring
- Maintain the Corporate Director's appointment schedule and time commitments through methods such as receiving appointment requests and meeting/conference invitations, determining urgency and nature of requests and scheduling and making necessary arrangements. Resolve time conflicts as required.
- Respond to verbal and written communication directed to the Corporate Director's office. Responsibilities include screening requests and inquiries, making a determination on the importance/urgency of the request, providing a response and/or forwarding to the Corporate Director or other senior staff for reply. Liaise with external organizations on behalf of the Corporate Director to respond to and/or share information and ensure follow-up by relevant personnel on emergent issues.
- Produce a variety of documents including correspondence, memos, minutes and meeting agendas from handwritten copy and/or Dictaphone using various word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software packages, including creation of files, tables and spreadsheets. Photocopy and distribute documentation such as correspondence and reports.
- Screen incoming materials, prioritize items for immediate attention and distributes as appropriate. Respond to routine written inquiries and materials by composing and signing correspondence or drafting for signature. Process incoming and outgoing paper, electronic and voice mail.
- Participate in a variety of meetings through methods such as drafting agendas, gathering background materials including reports and handouts, attending and recording proceedings, preparing and distributing minutes and taking follow-up action such as drafting correspondence for the Corporate Director's signature, ascertaining status of item/issue and investigating designated items.
- Design and maintain filing and distribution systems for a variety of records and files such as correspondence and reports by methods such as indexing binders, creating and labeling files and filing information. Maintain a bring-forward system.
- Make arrangements for travel and accommodation for the Corporate Director for attendance at industry meetings and conferences by performing duties such as contacting travel agencies, confirming reservations and establishing an itinerary.
- Assist in budget development and monitors expenditures. Authorize expense reimbursements and invoices up to a pre-determined limit.
- Participate in a variety of projects. Responsibilities include researching information, tracking statistical data, compiling and analyzing data involving new projects, and the interpretation and application of policies and procedures.
- Maintain an inventory of supplies and materials for area by performing duties such as reviewing stock on hand, completing purchase requisitions for approval, forwarding to Purchasing for processing and receiving supplies. Ensure invoices are authorized for payment and submitted for payment.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What's in it for you
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to Grade 12 plus graduation from a formal secretarial program plus four (4) years recent related experience, including two (2) years at a senior level.
- Ability to work independently and resolve administrative issues/problems. Demonstrated ability to use related equipment including word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software at an advanced level.
- Demonstrated flexibility to meet and adapt to changes in organizational priorities. Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload and work under time pressures to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing including the ability to respond politely and diplomatically to both internal and external inquiries.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to provide effective administrative support at the senior management level.
- Demonstrated ability to provide guidance and direction to others.
- Demonstrated ability to demonstrate tact and discretion in preparing, disclosing and handling information of a confidential and/or sensitive nature.
- Demonstrated time management skills to assist others in meeting deadlines.
- Ability to type 60 word per minute.
- Demonstrated physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Temporary Full Time Ending 03/31/2022
Hours of work
105967What we do
Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.