If you are looking for friendly, supportive staff, work life balance and affordable living this may be just the opportunity that will take your career to a new level.
Under the direction of the Regional Manager, Communicable Disease or the Regional Manager, Public Health Practice, this position is responsible for the provision of administrative support to the Preventive Public Health teams in the Regional Preventive Public Health Office. As a member of the Preventive Public Health team, this position performs a variety of functions such as word processing, composing correspondence, and typing reports and documents from notes and/or recording devices. Work to be performed will involve gathering and compiling data from various sources, using applicable health information documentation systems and Excel spreadsheets, as well as other data systems, and producing reports from available data.Shift Rotation/Hours of work:
Monday to Friday, Days - 08:30 to 16:30Prince George
has a population of 89,490 (2021) local residents and is a service centre for approximately 320,000. Prince George has all of the amenities of a larger city mixed with the charm and friendliness of a smaller town. Check out Prince George for more information on what this community has to offer.What Northern Health has to offer you!
• Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Three weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
• "Loan Forgiveness Programs" are offered through the Federal and BC Government for eligible professions. Qualifications
• Grade 12
• Office Administration Certificate and one year recent related experience or an equivalent combination of relevant education, training and experience.
• Valid Class 5 BC Driver's License.Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and in collaboration and cooperation with others.
• Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work in response to competing demands.
• Ability to type 60 WPM.
• Business writing skills.
• Knowledge of general office procedures
• Ability to operate office equipment and software applications including Microsoft Excel
• Ability to analyze and resolve problems.
• Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients and colleagues.Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation's communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.