Administrative Assistant, Not For profit
Our client is a well-renowned Vancouver Organization and a leader in their field. They are looking for a polished and professional individual, who is extremely flexible and detail orientated with superior communicational skills and strong problem solving ability.
The Administrative Assistant will report to the Manager of the Department. You will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Department as a whole as well as a number of the management team. This role will provide assistance to the department to enable them to make valued changes which will directly impact those living in BC.
- Maintain daily calendars, schedule appointments and meetings on and off site, and prepare meeting materials in advance
- Schedule committee meetings with multiple stakeholders and ensure all parties receive updates and confirmations
- Arrange travel and accommodation plans, registration for conferences and/or seminars and reconcile related expenses
- Locating suitable off site meeting locations for high profiles meetings and ensure all equipment and catering is organized
- Preparing meeting agendas
- Assist with Expenses for all meetings
- Taking minutes as needed, maintaining accurate records, following-up on action items and decisions, and ensuring required action is initiated
- Maintaining and assisting with the correlation of monthly reports
- Handling and directing all department inquiries
- Maintaining and updating
- Maintaining committee member lists, contact information and filing systems for committees
- Other duties as required
Skills & Qualifications
- University degree or a combination of a High school diploma supplemented by business and secretarial courses
- A minimum of 3 years of recent related experience as an administrative assistant or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Excellent written skills and proven ability to develop clear, concise and comprehensive written reports.
- Excellent judgment in setting priorities, identifying issues and determining action required when working under pressure and deadlines.
- Superior interpersonal, oral communication and relationship management skills.
- Excellent computer skills using Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel.
- Ability to effectively organize meetings, take minutes and transcribe meeting notes.
- Ability to set-up and maintain electronic and paper files.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of the team.
- Knowledge of committee functions and processes an asset.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology an asset.
Please apply online @ http://www.expertrecruiters.com/search-jobs/ with your resume and cover letter to the attention of Sarah-Ann McCabe, Recruitment Manager, quoting reference #2408-S
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence.
We value your interest. However, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Expert Recruiters Inc.
(Expert Recruiters: locally established staffing and consulting firm with a national reach; over 20 years’ experience helping clients and candidates reach their goals.)