is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 55,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 9,800+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We are among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
•We value our people and our reputation
•We are locally dedicated with international scale
•We are future focused and challenge the status quo
•We foster collaboration in everything we do
•We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable NANAIMO The Opportunity:
WSP Golder has a new opportunity for an Administrative Assistant
to join our Business Operations team in a Part-Time position in our Nanaimo Office
. Why WSP?
• We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion
• Our Flexible Work Policy
- we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
• Our Hybrid Work Policy
- a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
• A Canadian
success story - we're proud
to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your
ideas and trying new
• A phenomenal collaborative
culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people
who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey. We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future. #WeAre WSP A day in the life:
• You will be printing, scanning, E-Filing and physical archiving of documents;
• You will be archiving company records and library documents while following company retention policies using MS Access, Excel, SharePoint, and other internal programs. Also entails lifting, unpacking and re‑boxing of project files;
• You will be tasked with accurate data-entry;
• You will coordinate library shelving/re-filing and responding to requests for file retrievals
• You will assist with office and cubicle moves and departures related tasks including; desk tidying and organization, filing, coordinating the return of extra office and IT equipment for redeployment;
• You will assist Senior team members with coordinating equipment rentals (SAT phones, inReach devices) and coordinating fleet vehicle maintenance;
• You will assist in maintaining a neat and tidy work area that is welcoming to visitors;
• You may be asked to provide back-up reception coverage; and,
• You will be involved in general office assistance to the Business Support team in the region as required. What you'll bring to WSP ... Positive Team Player Attitude!
• 1-3 years of work experience in a professional service environment
• Attention to detail and ownership of delegated tasks
• Good communication skills (listening, verbal and written), friendly and pleasant manner
• The ability to take directions and seek clarification as needed
• Good problem-solving skills with the initiative and ability to identify alternative solutions
• Established comfort level with technology
• Proficiency in Office 365 including SharePoint, Word, Excel, and OneDrive is an asset
• Ability to learn processes quickly and be flexible in changing circumstances
• Excellent customer service skills to support our internal clients
• Maturity and flexibility
• Valid Drivers licence is an asset
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe and the growing list of our clients including vaccination status as part of their mandated health and safety requirements to work with them, you will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to WSP as a condition of employment.
You may also be required to undergo additional immunization to maintain a fully vaccinated status against COVID-19 whenever local Public Health Authorities recommend additional immunization.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY .
WSP Canada Inc.
Early Career (< 3 years)
Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada/