CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses – Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Capital Markets – we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC’s Lines of Business, please visit our website
CIBC delivers access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business successes
, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of these successes and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
CIBC Capital Markets Investment Banking group provides equity and debt underwriting as well as corporate finance advisory services to corporations. CIBC’s Investment Banking group of professionals are dedicated specifically to advising clients on mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, hostile takeovers, buyouts, takeover defense and restructurings. There is an extensive amount of interaction with other groups within the firm in order to provide clients with customized financing and advisory solutions.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com
. Job Overview
The Administrative Assistant is accountable for providing administrative support for a group within Investment Banking. The role monitors and ensures that all established administrative and operational processes and control standards are followed, contributing to the effective and efficient operation of the business group. What You’ll Be Doing Accountabilities of Position:
• Organizes the activities of the Investment Banking professional(s) and provides administrative support to the group using independent judgment, discretion and diplomacy. Qualifications
• Manages and screens requests (email/phone); responsible for administering several mailboxes and reading and ranking incoming mail (including electronic mail), and identifies issues to determine priorities for the Investment Banking professional(s).
• Manages the Investment Banking professional(s)’calendar of scheduled appointments, upcoming events and matters requiring immediate attention; identifies potential problems and shifts priorities in order to adjust their schedule.
• Coordinates and organizes meetings, sending out meeting requests, distribution of material in advance of meeting.
• Makes all travel arrangements and monitors them to ensure maximum efficiency and accuracy.
• Processes expense reports, identifies trends/discrepancies, researches and follows through with corrective adjustments.
• Acts as a communication channel to facilitate timely and effective communications. Responds to related inquiries on the department’s behalf, or escalates issues for resolution as appropriate.
What CIBC Can Offer You
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in an administrative/professional support function in a fast paced environment.
- Post-Secondary education in a related field. Other professional related training and development to keep skills current, including office productivity software, and related products.
- Detail oriented, well organized, and able to manage time and multi-task to accomplish a variety of tasks, sometimes with conflicting priorities and timelines.
- Strong PC skills (MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio; Lotus; web browsers).
- Well-developed communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to deal with clients in a professional and courteous manner, and to develop professional working relationships.
- Ability to work both independently, as well as contribute to the cohesion of a team.
- Ability to deal with confidential materials in an appropriate manner.
What You Need To Know
- Flexible health benefits, stock purchase plan , competitive incentive pay and recognition programs
- Competitive salary and banking benefits
- Career growth, development and continuous learning opportunities
- Opportunity to be involved in CIBC events that help our communities
- Click to learn more about Rewards & Recognition , Learning & Development , and Employee Community Involvement
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role
- This role requires flexibility and adaptability to work extended hours in order to meet work demands.