Vancouver, BC Term:
Permanent Full Time
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based electronic message archiving, supervision, and eDiscovery solutions for the global financial sector, delivering services to 20,000 customers in 90 countries, including 22 of the world’s top 25 banks. Global Relay Archive securely captures and preserves email, instant messaging, mobile messaging, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and more — with Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, Android, Outlook and Web access.
Global Relay is headquartered in Vancouver's Gastown, with offices in New York, Chicago, Raleigh, Halifax, London, and Singapore. We strive to be a top employer and have been recognized with numerous awards, including Company of the Year award from the BC Tech Association (2016), Private Business Growth Award (2015), Canada’s 50 Best Small and Medium Employers (2014-2015), Deloitte Technology Fast 500 in North America (2011-2015), Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2014), Ingenious Award (2014), Canada’s Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2013), and Canada’s Best Managed Companies (2013-2014).
With over 400 employees, Global Relay is growing rapidly and looking for new talent. Global Relay provides fantastic opportunities to individuals with passion in business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, Global Relay offers invaluable exposure to doing business with some of the most influential companies in the world. Global Relay is also ideal for people who want to create innovative technologies using massively scalable "big data" architecture and a strong focus on mobile.
Global Relay is 100% privately held and employee controlled. We develop, own and operate every aspect of our services, with no reliance on outsourcing or third-party subcontractors. We are not venture capital dependent, making us a truly Canadian organization.
Apply today – we have five floors of great open space offices with a fast-paced vibe, lots of amenities, a roof top deck & BBQ, and an in-house chef, all located in the heart of Gastown near Waterfront Station. To learn more about our culture and community involvement, please visit ( www.globalrelay.com
). The Role
Are you curious in nature, love problem-solving, and have excellent attention to detail? Do you have superb organizational and project coordination skills, are self-motivated, and take pride in your work? Join the Data Services team as an Administrative Assistant!
Data Services specializes in regulatory audit and ediscovery litigation support requests and ensures that historical data from a customer’s legacy solution is migrated into Global Relay Archive. We are currently looking for analytical candidates with solid administrative experience and technical aptitude to join our bright, diligent and dynamic team.
The Administrative Assistant is a support role, working closely with Data Migration and Import Specialists to help deliver a top level of customer service to client import or export requests. The focus is on administrative and basic technical support. This is not a Data Analyst or System Administrator position. Administrative Role Responsibilities:
Technical Role Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative assistance and support to the Data Services team
- Perform CRM data entry, records maintenance, request tracking and processing
- Create & update spreadsheets, documents, templates; maintain team meeting notes
- Research and document related information on an ad hoc basis
- Organize, coordinate, analyze and validate reports on an on-going basis
- Contribute to effective communication within the department and the organization
- Some data investigation and project coordination; repetitive work required
- Flexible and able to meet strict deadlines
- Some experience with Salesforce is an asset
- Understands importance of quality control, information integrity, completeness and accuracy of data
- Cataloguing, formatting, and encrypting hard drives as needed
- Mounting / dismounting hard drives from workstations as needed
- Inventory tracking (receipt, storage, destruction)
- Post-secondary education; undergraduate degree preferred
- 1-3 years office experience in a support role
- Previous experience in data/information organization and management
- Team player, takes direction, takes initiative, learns from mistakes
- Professional, patient, discreet, transparent, flexible, adaptable
- Logical, methodical and predictable in their work
- Committed and will go over and above what is expected to get something done
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Exceptional organizational and problem-solving skills with proven accuracy and attention to detail
- Superior interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Ability to exercise strong judgment, tact and discretion and can be entrusted with confidential information
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office applications with technical aptitude and an appetite for continuous learning
Please note that a cover letter is required is required for this role.
In your cover letter, please state examples of how you meet the performance expectations of this role and details of the software or technical tools you have regularly worked with. If you are interested in this position, please apply with your cover letter and resume in one PDF document
No phone calls please; applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. Applications without a cover letter or writing sample will not be reviewed.
Posted: November 29, 2016
Closes:December 29, 2016