As Canada's largest diversified mining company, Teck is committed to providing the world with essential resources safely and sustainably. We have a rich history of consistently driving innovation, harnessing cutting-edge technology, and cultivating a dynamic environment that empowers our employees to shape the future.
Reporting to the Director, Enterprise Applications, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for first-tier support and assistance to various functions of Teck Digital Systems (TDS).
We are looking for a confident and skilled administrative professional to own their role. We require someone with the ability to multitask, stay organized, and adjust to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment. Specifically, we are targeting a self-motivated individual with strong problem solving skills, detail oriented and with a passion for continuous improvement. Additionally, outstanding communication and interpersonal skills are vital as this role requires a high level of integrity and an ability to connect your audience.
Other responsibilities include; planning meetings, scheduling travel, answering phones, event planning and greeting people, and much more! Don't miss out on this exciting opportunities to be part of one of Canada's leading mining companies and join our team! Responsibilities
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Manage and organize the calendar for up to six Directors
- Prepare and process expense reports
- Sets up/take down of meetings and organize catering as needed
- Organize schedules, meetings and travel arrangements for TDS Managers and Directors
- Handle assignments involving highly confidential matters with utmost care and attention
- Screen and handle all incoming inquiries
- Prepare and proofread organization charts, presentations, reports, projects and other assignments, as required
- Organize and maintain appropriate filing system
- Occasionally prepare Payroll reports for timely submission in the absence of the VP's EA
- Manage projects related to the TDS office including office moves, cleaning and environmental adjustments
- Plan and co-ordinate assembly of large reports requested by management in a timely manner
- Compile and submit timesheets for the department, as required
- Draft and type documents and minutes, as the need arises
- Research materials and execute assignments under minimal supervision and direction.
- Plan and execute various projects as assigned and required in a timely manner
Why Join Us?
- A minimum of five years of experience working in an office environment
- Post-secondary training in an administrative program
- Proficient MS Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and proven ability to prioritize
- Keen to take initiative, act proactively to anticipate needs, and work with minimal direction
- A flexible and adaptable candidate who is comfortable with change, a busy and fast-paced environment, who is willing to work extra hours when required
- Able to interact and communicate with various levels of management and employees while maintaining tact, consistency, professionalism, and diplomacy
- Ability to professionally manage confidential material is vital
At Teck, we offer more than just a job - we provide a pathway to personal and professional enrichment. With captivating projects set against stunning backdrops, a culture of inclusivity and collaboration, and boundless opportunities to learn and grow, joining us means embracing a fulfilling and dynamic career adventure.
As a contractor, you'll add your expertise and work alongside experienced professionals on projects that challenge and inspire. We're dedicated to fostering your growth through coaching, training, and a commitment to safety. Your contributions will make a difference, not just in your c areer, but in our ongoing success. Teck offers a wide array of permanent career opportunities and your role as a contractor can be a stepping stone to exploring different positions within our organization. We're committed to helping you chart a dynamic and rewarding career path. Job Segment:
Secretary, Payroll, Administrative Assistant, ERP, Administrative, Finance, Technology, Research
Apply now »