Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.8 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish peoples. Our team of nearly 40,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care.Your specific duties will include:
• Supervise designated staff by performing duties such as establishing, scheduling and coordinating work assignments, evaluating employee performance and determining related training and orientation requirements.
• Schedule and monitor leaves for designated staff including coordinating vacation leaves, pre-approving extended leave requests and other leave entitlements.
• Provide secretarial and administrative support by developing an maintaining record keeping/filing systems, drafting correspondence, typing a variety of documents such as reports, letters, memoranda, recording and preparing meeting minutes and agenda for distribution.
• Gather and compile information as required, such as client information and statistics; researches, organizes and summarizes information for reports.
• Process and monitor expenditures by performing duties such as initiating documents for purchase and forwarding for approval, verifying coding and calculations, posting invoices and following up on discrepancies.
• Perform payroll functions such as maintaining time-keeping and attendance records, reviewing timesheets for accuracy, entering data into a computerized payroll systems, verifying input data and distributing paycheque/stub to employees.
• Assist in the recruitment and selection of staff by reviewing applications, providing input into the development of interview questions and participating on interview panels.
• Arrange for building maintenance and repairs by liaising with contractors and service providers and attaining required approvals.Qualifications:
• Graduation from a recognized administrative assistant or secretarial program,
• Three (3) years' recent, related experience including one (1) year in a supervisory capacity, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Valid B.C. Driver's License and access to a personal vehicle for business-related purposes.
This is a full-time position in our Primary Health Care Clinics department based out of Chilliwack, BC.Valued benefits
A career with Fraser Health will offer you the chance to contribute to a team of a dedicated professionals in a dynamic and rewarding health care environment. We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
Work with an experienced, encouraging and dedicated team and participate in our dedication to provide quality care to our patients and clients. We invite you to apply today and find out why more than 95% of new employees recommend Fraser Health to their friends and family as a phenomenal place to work! We value diversity in the work force and aim to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.