When you’re passionate about what you do and where you work, the rest comes easy. That’s the culture at Central 1 Credit Union, and that’s precisely what we’re looking for from you. Supporting nearly 150 member credit unions across British Columbia and Ontario, we’re the backbone of the credit union system in both provinces – taking care of everything from online services and product development, to payment processing, trade association services and more.
Our team of over 600 employees represent some of the most innovative, passionate individuals you’ll ever meet; people who honestly care about the organization, its members and each other. In other words, people who love what they do.
Provides a variety of administrative support of low to moderate complexity and sensitivity ofinformation. Duties include completing and processing administrative forms; updating databases, spreadsheets and ledgers; conducting searches for information; responding to enquiries and providing information regarding departmental policies and procedures; monitoring budgets; performing procurement and contract administration duties; providing secretarial services for a department/group; organizing departmental and internal Committee meetings and taking minutes; and participating in organizing the administrative aspects of conferences and other events.
As a member of a dedicated team of professionals, the incumbent is accountable for providing administrative support and managing the smooth and efficient operation of the Treasury team in the Vancouver office. This includes the ability to multi-task, anticipate needs, co-ordinate work with others, troubleshoot issues and balance and adapt to changing priorities with diplomacy and confidentiality.
Assistance and support are provided to various key individuals as they relate to the operations of the department. This includes, but is not limited to: being the ‘front line’ communication to credit unions and other customers, and other external stakeholders. This support involves coordinating, monitoring and maintaining communications and information flow within the department, with other executive and staff within Central 1, and within the credit union system. He/she will foster strong and productive working relationships internally within Central 1, with credit unions and with a broad variety of external stakeholders; managing various organizational aspects of conferences and meetings; and participating constructively in setting and accomplishing team goals.
- Provide seamless support to visiting Central 1 and credit union executives and required to liaise with their Executive Assistants.
- Assess and prioritize current and emerging issues to support the department in the effective flow of communication and information.
- Responsible for coordinating, monitoring and maintaining communication and providing feedback and recommendations regarding the management of a high profile, urgent or sensitive matters.
- Development and posting of content for the secure site and Central1.com.
- As required, responds to phone and email enquiries and exchanges information on behalf of management.
- Researches and creates letters, memos and presentation materials composes routine correspondence.
- Maintains the calendars, coordinates schedules and books appointments
- Maintains attendance records, statistics and other relevant information and prepares various reports relating to the operations of the department
- Coordinate and manage all travel and meeting arrangements.
- Monitor and maintain office supplies for departments in the Vancouver office and manage expense allocations to various cost centres
- On a monthly basis, monitors revenues and expenses to ensure on target. Analysis of and preparation of monthly variance reports, resolves discrepancies and advises management of any concerns.
- Prepares and processes expense claims, invoices, purchase orders and other financial items and maintains related records.
- Authorizes payment of invoices within approved spending limits.
- Reconciles supplier invoices, obtains authorization and arranges for payment of the same with the accounting department.
- Plans and organizes conferences, departmental meetings, workshops and forums and coordinates all administrative aspects of events, including meeting set-up, audio/visual equipment, invitations, agendas, registration, room bookings, catering and travel arrangements, promotion, preparation and distribution of meeting materials and conference calls.
- Potentially coordinates and populates all Call Reports in Database. Works cohesively with team to ensure the database is accurately maintained and provides standard and ad hoc reports as required
- Maintains contracts in the contract management software for the department.
- Assist, as required, with monitoring and follow-up of various projects.
- Community College diploma in Communications or Business Administration or related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum 2 years related experience.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and set priorities within tight timelines and high expectations.
- Experience with the development of on-line content and communications materials.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work across a variety of teams and departments.
- Ability to establish priorities, schedule work, and meet deadlines using independence, initiative and good judgment.
- Ability to anticipate the needs of the various teams, and manage multiple activities, issues and projects through communication and facilitation with senior members of the department, other executives and external stakeholders.
- Ability to facilitate the resolution of a variety of multi-dimensional and contentious situations with diplomacy, confidentiality, tact and good judgment.
- Ability to conduct research, prepare meeting materials and reports, and draft communications of a moderately complex and sometimes technical nature.
- High level of knowledge and expertise in the use of computers and relevant software, including Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Understanding of accounting and the budgeting process is a plus.
- Previous experience in Adobe Acrobat publishing/presentation software is an asset.
As much as we believe in working hard, we also believe in personal growth and taking time for ourselves. Accordingly, our total rewards philosophy amounts to one of the best compensation and benefits packages in the industry – from performance-based incentives and extended benefits, to training and education reimbursements and ample vacation time.
Reporting to: AVP, Treasury Services and Solutions
Date Posted: September 7, 2016
Internal Applicants must apply by: September 13, 2016
Posted: September 12, 2016
Closes:November 11, 2016