Administrative and Data Entry Clerk, PHSA Corporate, Vancouver BCAs per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
The Administrative and Data Entry Clerk performs clerical and secretarial duties including data entry of patient/test information into the laboratory information system, typing a variety of materials including patient reports, maintaining department files and records, taking and transcribing minutes of meetings, and booking appointments. What you'll do
What you bring
- Receive incoming specimens and requisitions and checks for accuracy and completeness of information such as personal health number, name, date of birth and tests required. Contact physicians or labs for missing information and makes necessary corrections.
- Enter patient data into computer systems, issue new patient identification number where required and identifies duplicate record problems, obtain or clarifies missing or questionable information, correct errors and omissions in patient demographic data and enters corrections into computer systems.
- Assemble and type a variety of material such as manuals, articles for publication, teaching materials, schedules, duty lists and rosters, reports, correspondence, and statistics from memoranda, e-mail, dictation or rough draft, as required.
- Set up and maintain department files and records such as patient files, laboratory reports, correspondence, inventories, billings and schedules.
- Answer telephone enquiries, take messages, and refer calls where appropriate.
- Search for and retrieve patient or department information from databases as requested.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail and processes outgoing mail, including laboratory reports and correspondence.
- Compose and type routine memos and correspondence for approval and signature.
- Attend meetings, take minutes, transcribe, and distribute as requested.
- Assist the senior staff with research studies by maintaining statistics, bibliographies, formats, requests article reprints as requested.
- Input, edit, format, and merge data in word processing, databases and computer systems for patient records, inventory control, billing and scheduling as required.
- Schedule appointments for departmental staff and arranges meetings as requested. Makes travel arrangements for departmental staff, if necessary. Complete travel and other expense claims for signatures.
- Maintain inventories of department office supplies to pre-determined levels, prepares purchasing requisitions for signature when necessary. Receive and distribute supplies by checking for correct documentation on incoming and outgoing goods and specimens and completing documentation when required, ensuring goods and specimens are distributed to the designated area and informing the appropriate staff, and reporting unusual situations to supervisor.
- Perform reception duties, and book and schedule patient appointments, as required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education, Training and Experience
- Grade 12 and two year's of recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills & Knowledge
What we bring
- Ability to keyboard at 45 w.p.m.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Commitment to upholding the shared responsibility of creating lasting and meaningful reconciliation in Canada as per TRC (2015) and BC's Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act (2019).
- As a strong asset for consideration, we are looking for our successful candidate to have; knowledge of social, economic, political and historical realities impacting indigenous communities and familiarity with Indigenous Cultural Safety and anti-racism and accompanying reports (BC DRIPA, TRC, etc.).
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San'yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Regular Full-Time Wage:
4500 Oak Street, Vancouver BC V6H 2N9 Hours of Work:
7.5 hr shifts, with start times between 0800-0900 and end time between 1600-1700 Requisition #
146147 What we do
The Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment. ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of June 6, 2023
. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264
. Please note regular business hours are Monday - Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org
and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.