Canfor is one of the world’s largest and most respected integrated forest products companies. For more than 75 years, we have been delivering top-quality lumber, pulp and paper products to our valued customers worldwide. With operations in Western Canada and the Southern United States, and sales offices around the world, you can find Canfor products in every corner of the globe. We are leaders in sustainable forest management and in converting wood residuals into green energy.
As we continue to grow our company and our markets, find out how you can grow your career with us.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the FMG Administrative Assistant is responsible for processing accurate information that will support the management team. This position requires well established organizational skills, a high level of motivation and energy, excellent communication skills and a desire to work in a fast paced team environment.
- WCB /SAFE Companies tracking
- Manage all rate letters, email to CWS,Harvest Notifications,Harvest Depletions
- FMG Digital Filing (5s)Administration/Maintenance
- Manage all contractor block packages, contracts, preworks /final inspections
- Track Log deliveries
- Scan/save road use permits
- Administrative duties as assigned
- Month end invoice accrual
- Provide administrative support to the division
- Provide regular status reports on projects.
- High school graduate with a minimum of two (2) years administrative experience
- Demonstrated computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Highly motivated self-starter with strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and the desire to work in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Flexibility, ability to multi-task, detail-orientated and positive
Hiring for this position is ongoing and will be filled as required. To be considered for this position, please apply today.
There has never been a better time to join the Canfor team and become part of the modern forest industry. We have a wide range of rewarding careers in some of the best communities in North America, with plenty of room for advancement. Our mills are modern, high-tech and safe; and our marketing and sales activities are world-class. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, and are committed to the professional development of our employees.Follow us on LinkedIn , Twitter , and Facebook for Canfor news, career opportunities, and upcoming events!Vanderhoof, BC
Take a scenic drive or flightseeing tour of the area which provides easy access to hiking, fishing, kayaking, canoeing, bird watching, and wilderness viewing. This is a perfect fit for those who love the outdoors! There is great opportunity to see the area’s wildlife, which includes moose, deer, cougar, bear, and elk.
For more information, visit http://canfor.com/our-company/our-communities/vanderhoof