Who We Are:
At Canfor, we know wood-based products can build a better world, whether it's a component in your smartphone or skyscrapers built from wood. We founded our entire company on that idea. Because, we know that wood-based products are sustainable and the opportunities to innovative have only just begun.
We know when managed responsibly, the forest is everlasting and Canfor is committed to using virtually 100% of every tree for lumber, pulp, paper, and renewable energy-so nothing goes to waste.
You can find Canfor products in every corner of the globe. We're especially excited by the innovative ways some of our customers are using our products. We know that the work we all do at Canfor today will shape what the world looks like tomorrow. Whether that means building a house or a skyscraper, using paper instead of plastic or learning something new from a colleague down the hall or around the globe. We know not everyone thinks about their impact on the world but at Canfor, we do. The Opportunity:
The temporary HR Administrative Assistant role is a one year term and the incumbent is responsible for processing accurate information that will support the management team. This position requires well established organizational skills, a high level of motivation and energy, excellent communication skills and a desire to work in a fast paced team environment. The Role:
- To assist with the effective administration of the benefits program
- Involved in the management of the Short Term Disability Claims program
- To assist with the job posting process
- Responsible for the hourly time processing
- To assist with maintaining grievance and employee records
- To assist with the recruitment process
- Coordination of Employee Relations Activities (i.e. safety events, hearing tests, United Way Campaign)
- Administrative support for the division
- High school graduate with a minimum of three (3) years human resources and/or administrative experience
- Demonstrated computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Helpful to be familiar with VIP and/or Empath
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Highly motivated self-starter with strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
Canfor offers a comprehensive, flexible benefits package that allows you to customize your benefits to meet your individual needs, and includes health and dental coverage as well as life, accident and disability insurance. In addition to this, we offer pension and other benefits.Grow with us
At Canfor, we understand that our strength comes from our skilled and dedicated employees and we work hard to support their ongoing professional development. We offer a number of training programs and development opportunities to support each of our employees in their pursuit of career advancement and growth. Whether you want to develop upon your skills or advance your career with Canfor, we offer a promote-from-within culture that will give you these opportunities.Hiring for this position is ongoing and will be filled as required. To be considered for this position, please apply today. In order to be eligible for this position, you must be legally entitled to work in Canada for our company.
There has never been a better time to join the Canfor team and become part of the modern forest industry. We have a wide range of rewarding careers in some of the best communities in North America, with plenty of room for advancement. Our mills are modern, high-tech and safe; and our marketing and sales activities are world-class. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, and are committed to the professional development of our employees.Follow us on LinkedIn , Twitter , and Facebook for Canfor news, career opportunities, and upcoming events!
Houston residents enjoy a relaxed pace of life and omnipresent access to the area's truly great outdoors. The surrounding area is renowned for its many ultra-clean lakes and rivers, which offer world-class fishing and watersports. Houston in known as "The Steelhead Capital of Canada' and its thriving eco-tourism industry complements the area's economic mainstays of forestry and mining. For more information, visit http://canfor.com/our-company/our-communities/houston-bc
Sales and Marketing