Activities and Adult Day Program Manager, Broadmead Care Position Classification
ABC Access Union
Victoria, BC V9B6X2 CA (Primary)Salary Range
To be determined Close Date
9/25/2020 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Other Public Sector Ministry Branch / Division
Broadmead Care Job Summary ***Please DO NOT apply for this position by submitting your profile on this BC Government Hiring Centre website. Applications must be made via the directions below.*** Location:
Rest Haven Lodge - SidneyPosition # / Schedule:
108318 - 8:00-4:00pm, Monday to Friday, 7.50 hour workday, 1.00 FTEStatus:
Regular Full-timeComp #:
Under the direction of the Home Manager, fosters a sense of community and purpose among the residents and clients by coordinating a program of recreational actives within the limitations of resident's and client's abilities and interests, safety and facility resources. The manager will lead the development of creative and financially-sustainable activation programs that will create new opportunities for stimulation and meaning in the daily lives of Broadmead Care residents. The Manager will maintain the volunteer program and private companion program, while further developing the orientation program, policies and procedures.QUALIFICATIONS:
- University Degree in a relevant field; such as Recreation and Health, Kinesiology; Social Work; Health; Education; etc.
- Graduation from a recognized Activation Certificate or Recreation/Leisure Program is an asset
- Experience at progressively more responsible levels of accountability and leadership.
- Related experience working with seniors and adults with a wide range of diverse abilities in a home-like environment; community groups; volunteer agencies; OR two years as an Activity Worker or equivalent.
- Experience creating and implementing activation programs for older adults in long term care environments.
- Experience and/or training in work processing, spreadsheet, volunteer management, and other computer applications including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Better Impact.
- Knowledge of the therapeutic value of various activities.
- Supervisory experience an asset.
Skills / Abilities:
***Please DO NOT apply for this position by submitting your profile on this BC Government Hiring Centre website. Applications must be made via the directions below.*** Job Category
- Ability to stimulate residents'/clients' interest, assess results of the program and work effectively on an individual or group basis.
- Ability to exercise tact and good judgement with good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with staff, volunteers, residents, clients and the general public.
- Possession of a valid B.C. Class 4 Driver's License; or willing to obtain a Class 4 Driver's License within 60 days of employment.
- Demonstrates a personality, ability and temperament necessary to manage or work with persons in care.
- Valid Food Safe certificate.
- Must be eligible to work with vulnerable adults under the BC Criminal Records Review Program.
- Current Criminal Records Check completed by the BC Criminal Records Review Program.
- Negative TB Screen