Accreditation Assistant, Temp to Perm - #3825-temp
Our client, a non-profit organization based in downtown Vancouver, is looking for an Accreditation Assistant to join their team. This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of an organization committed to making BC a better place!
Reporting to the Manager, Accreditation, this role is responsible for managing a wide variety of administrative focused duties which contribute to the operation of the department’s program. This position works closely with other team members, departments, managers, directors and external stakeholders.
Who you are!
You are a polished and professional individual, who is extremely flexible and detail orientated with superior communication skills and strong problem solving ability. You are a go-getter with a positive, ‘take-charge’ attitude.
Where is it based?
Downtown Vancouver, BC
- Prepare correspondence and meeting agendas, recording, transcribing, editing and distributing minutes for program meetings
- Coordinate and schedule appointments, conferences, meetings, special events for internal and external stakeholders
- Prepare various written correspondence related to the program
- Maintain and update program database and other program related IT initiatives
- Manage both paper and electronic file systems in compliance with record retention policies
- Respond to inquiries from internal and external stakeholders on a wide range of topics pertaining to the program
- Manage various reports and processes as well as track invoicing of annual fees
- Assist the finance department to prepare annual fee statements
- Develop and improve administrative processes and procedures related to the program
- Schedule accreditation assessments/reassessments
- Liaise with facilities to book assessment visits
- Organize and maintain accreditation files; follow up on documentation required throughout the process
- Arrange travel (flights, hotels and transportation) for the department
- Track and prepare expense statements for the team
- Edit and proofread various reports as assigned
- Assist quality improvement lead in developing application process for privileging of physicians performing program procedures
- Conduct preliminary assessments of applications for medical staff appointment at facilities ensuring that the medical director has submitted all of the applicant’s relevant information including credentials, training and current experience
- Analyze applicant credentials with various program requirements
- Review applicant’s registration histories with other departments and medical regulatory authorities
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in an administrative role
- Post secondary education in Office Administration or Business
- Previous experience in healthcare or familiarity with medical language is an asset
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, editing and proofreading skills
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Ability to organize and set work priorities
- Ability to maintain a calm demeanor during busy or stressful times
- Sound judgment when dealing with sensitive and confidential information with ability to identify when to escalate matters to supervisor
- Team oriented and ability to work collegially in a multidisciplinary environment
- Experience in medical/surgical office administration is an asset
Is this you?
Please apply online @ https://expertrecruiters.secure.force.com/ExpertRecruiters with your resume and cover letter to the attention of Darcia Bower, Managing Director, quoting reference #3825-temp. If you have already met a member of our team and are interested in this opportunity please call or email us asap.
Expert Recruiters is a locally established staffing and consulting firm with a national reach, established in 1999 by its Managing Director Darcia Bower, who has over 20 years’ experience helping clients and candidates reach their goals. Expert Recruiters takes great pride in providing a more personal, boutique style of staffing and recruitment agency experience. From the moment you walk through the door, you’ll recognize that Expert Recruiters provides a warm and welcoming environment for both our candidates and our clients, with all of our applications treated with the strictest of confidence.