Excellent career opportunity for an individual with at least 3 years experience in AR, billing, and collections. Generous compensation. This successful and well-established technology company has a great team culture that emphasizes customer service and giving back. Working remotely during physical distancing, longer term will based in the office.
Who- the Company:
Our client is a reputable technology company with operations across Canada. They are well-established and work with a variety of high profile customers and partners. The company is very values-based and puts an emphasis on giving back time, money, and services to the local communities in which they work.
What- the Role:
Our client is seeking a new full-time, permanent Accounts Receivable & Billing Specialist to join their collaborative accounting team. The Specialist will be the go-to contact in the company for billing requests for all revenue transactions and sales. Accuracy, detail-orientation, deadline management, and customer service are all paramount in this position. The Specialist will report directly into the Controller and will interact closely with colleagues in accounting & finance, sales, project management, and other departments.
What- the Responsibilities:
- Perform daily and semi-monthly billing tasks
- Issue credit memos;
- Ensure sales taxes (GST/HST, PST, etc.) are charged appropriately;
- Investigate receivable-related issues and respond quickly to questions;
- Generate and send regular statements of accounts and reminders to customers;
- Liaise regularly with Purchasing and Accounts Payable;
- Reconcile balances of customer deposits and contracts on a regular basis;
- Monitor accounts receivables and ensure collection within agreed payment terms with customers;
- Maintain accurate records of all agreements and communications in the system;
- Ensure compliance to established collections policy and procedures;
- Involved in process improvement projects including developing innovative, proactive, and efficient ways to improve quality, process, and overall customer service.
Who- the Candidate:
Qualified candidates will have at least 3 years recent and relevant experience in accounts receivable, soft collections, and billings. Experience in a technology company, professional services company, and/or a project-based industry is highly preferred. Other assets are experience in a multi-currency environment and experience using cloud-based technology. Qualified candidates will be system savvy (using Excel, ERP, etc.) and will have excellent communication skills and internal/external customer service abilities.
Located in Greater Vancouver in a central location- convenient commute for people living in Surrey, New Westminster, Burnaby or Richmond. Currently employees are working from home, but longer-term the AR & Billing Specialist will mostly work from the office to allow for valuable in-person collaboration with colleagues.
Generous base salary commensurate with skills, experience, and education- total package is negotiable. Please discuss further with Swim!
When & How to Apply:
Swim Recruiting has been exclusively engaged as the agency partner on this search and will be presenting a shortlist of top-qualified individuals directly to the hiring team for review. If you are interested in this opportunity with a fantastic tech company, please let Swim Recruiting know as soon as possible as this search is moving quickly! If you already have a Recruiter at Swim, please reach out directly. If you do not yet have a contact at Swim Recruiting, please hit 'APPLY NOW' to send us your resume. Thank you!