Accounts Receivable Clerk
Salary: $35,000 – $40,000
Are you currently enrolled in a post-secondary accounting program? Have you worked in an Accounts Receivable position for at least a year? If so, this is your chance to work with a well-known and reputable organization where people love their jobs! Here you will find support, coaching and mentorship in a positive team environment. Be part of an organization that encourages growth and apply today!
This is an organization that truly promotes growth and wants to move successful candidates up the ranks. If you are a motivated self-starter the sky’s the limit!
Our client, a successful leasing company here in Vancouver that has ties to a large parent company, is currently seeking an Accounts Receivable Clerk to join their team. Recognized as Canada’s Leader in Customized Fleet Management, this well-known company provides Vehicle Fleet Leasing, Vehicle Remarketing and Fleet Management solutions for commercial enterprises. With over 50 years in the industry this people first organization offers excellent longevity and a fantastic brand name to work under.
Reporting into the Director of Finance, the Accounts Receivable Clerk will be an integral part of a 3 person team that performs high-volume full cycle accounts receivable. The successful candidate will work closely with other members of the operations and accounting staff to reconcile customer payments and reconcile customer accounts.
The Key accountabilities for this role include:
• Post customer payments by recording cash, cheques, and credit card transactions
• Summarize and track all unallocated cash items
• Apply pre-authorized payments to AR
• Assist with customer account reconciliations
• Run AR reports
• Assist in GL reconciliations
• Process POS payments
• Create manual invoices
• Ensure payments and invoices are coded accurately
• Assist in month-end balancing of AR sub-ledger
• Assist with interim and year-end external audit
This role is best suited to a junior accounting student that not only wants to learn the role, but also the company and how the business works. We are searching for a true team player who is interested in continually improving themselves and the company's best practices.
The qualifications for this role include:
• Minimum 1 year of high volume, full cycle accounts receivable experience
• Formal Post-Secondary Accounting Education or currently enrolled
• Intermediate Excel skills (formulas, filters and sorting required, pivot tables and v-look-ups an asset)
• Experience using MS Dynamics Great Plains an asset
• A keen appreciation for a team environment and a desire to learn and grow are essential
• Excellent communication skills are required
The successful candidate will have excellent attention to detail, accuracy, and time management skills. They are positive, enthusiastic, confident, and possess strong problem solving and analytical skills.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
HOW TO APPLY:
Please reply with a Microsoft Word version of your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.impactrecruitment.ca to apply online. If you would like to speak with us directly regarding this role, please contact Tarryn Moore for more information.
Privacy and confidentiality are important to us; as such all applications are kept strictly confidential. We will not share your information with anyone without your prior approval. While we will only be considering qualified applicants for this particular role, if you are interested in pursuing an alternate career path, we would certainly be happy to speak with you about opportunities that fit your profile.
About Impact Recruitment Inc.
Impact Recruitment is Western Canada's top specialized Recruitment Firm. With the ability to service every position within an organization, Impact is the ideal partner for your growing company.