What you'll do:
What you'll bring
- Invoices patients, medical service plans and other organizations for activities such as patient services, programs, lab tests, medical insurance claims, Alternative Payment Program claims, contract recoveries and provision of drugs.
- Processes invoices and related payments by performing tasks such as entering invoices and payments in batches, verifying batch totals with source documents, comparing payments received to the invoices recorded, identifies discrepancies and following up with patients or billing agencies.]
- Prepares routine journal entries from a variety of source documents.
- Reconciles sub-ledger to general ledger control account by performing tasks such as reviewing data and identifying discrepancies, and making adjustments.
- Review patient accounts age reports to identify reasons accounts are outstanding. Identifies discrepancies and makes adjustments.
- Performs follow-up on delinquent accounts by performing tasks such as making phone calls, sending written reminders or referring to a collection agency. Refers all recommended write-offs, transfer of delinquent accounts to collection agency, and alternate payment arrangements to the supervisor.
- Prepares collections listing and supporting documentation to transfer delinquent accounts to collection agencies.
- Maintains collection files, updates collection agencies when payments are received and answers questions regarding outstanding accounts.
- Assists with review of revenue variances and patterns by performing tasks such as collecting data and providing reports on areas such as invoice volumes and customer status.
- Grade 12, successful completion of a recognized accounting course
- Two year's recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience (Accounts Recievable position).
- Ability to keyboard at 45 w.p.m.
What we bring
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Deal with others effectively.
- Carry out the duties of the position.
- Organize work.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
If this sounds like you, apply now!
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, suh as our San'Yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and spiritual and psychological health & safety programs.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Status: Regular Full Time
Location: 1795 Willingdon Ave,Burnaby, BC V5C 6E3
Wage: $22.89 per hour
Hours and Days: 08:00-16:00, Monday through Friday
Reference #109824EWhat we do
The Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.