Do you have strong client relations and communications skills, flexibility, and experience working in Accounts Receivable? Are you interested in joining a driven and supportive team that is passionate about providing exceptional service and making a difference? Help improve efficiency throughout the health care system by supporting various hospital sites as an Accounts Receivable Cashier.
What you'll do
What you bring
- Collect and process payments, entering patient and hospital information into database and issue receipts for cash transactions.
- Prepare and post bills. Reconcile daily receipts and/or accounts to the general ledger.
- Prepare bank deposits and balances. Maintain records, daily receipts, and petty cash.
- Run and distribute system reports.
- Respond to inquiries, investigating and clearing discrepancies.
- Receive patient valuables, verifying contents of envelopes, and release to patients on discharge according to PHSA policies and procedures.
- Grade 12 graduation.
- Successful completion of a recognized Accounting course.
- Two (2) years' recent, related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience in customer service, retail, reception, client relations, accounting, cashier and accounts receivable
- Proficiency in a language other than English an asset
What's in it for you?
- Type a minimum of 40 WPM
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Work well with others.
- Operate related equipment (e.g. Microsoft Office).
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
If this sounds like a fit, please apply
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job typeCasualWage $23.34/ per hour +12.6% in lieuLocation4380 Lorimer Road, Whistler
Hours of work8:00 AM to 10:00 PM 7 days per week
What we do
Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.