Great opportunity for an up & coming accounting professional who enjoys full-cycle accounts payable and who is passionate about working in Canada’s exciting and fast-paced real estate sector! Well-established and reputable real estate development, real estate investment, and property management firm with properties across Canada.
Who- the Companies:
Our client is a very well-established, reputable, and successful privately-owned real estate company with business operations in real estate investment, real estate development, and property management. The company has several hundred million dollars in assets under management, with various asset-class properties (industrial, commercial, retail, etc.) in 5 Canadian provinces. The firm has ambitious growth plans in the coming years and are now looking to add to their tightknit team.
What- the Role:
Our client is seeking a new Accounts Payable Specialist who will join 3 others in Accounting & Finance, including an Accountant placed by Swim in 2020. This role will primarily involve full-cycle accounts payable, but will also taking on other accounting and administrative tasks as needed. This is an 8-month contract to start (due to some responsibilities in accounting & finance being reshuffled due to an upcoming parental leave), with the possibility of converting to permanent employment later in 2021. Open to candidates on work visa!
Responsibilities will evolve, but here are some of the duties the new AP Specialist will take on:
- Process and code invoices
- Prepare, monitor, and reconcile purchase orders
- Prepare account reconciliations
- Contribute to process improvements in the accounting department
- Contact tenants to collect rental arrears
- Communicate with trades and tenants for repair calls
Who- the Candidate:
We are looking for candidates with a can-do attitude and a team-player mentality. Candidates will have great full-cycle accounts payable skills as well as excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Post-secondary education related to accounting & finance is required
- 1 to 4 years’ experience in a relevant accounting position, ideally specializing in accounts payable
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel and Word
- Experience in Sage 300 (formerly Timberline) is an asset
- Experience in real estate is an asset, but not required. At a minimum, candidates will be genuinely interested in the fast-paced and high-change Canadian real estate sector
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to respond professionally to inquiries from external stakeholders and vendors
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- Excellent prioritization, organizational, and customer service skills
Our client has a beautiful corporate office in downtown Vancouver. It’s a large office space, with plenty of room for physical distancing. The office also has a shower, a kitchen, boardrooms, and parking near the building.
Hourly consulting rate commensurate with accounting skills, education, and work experience- please discuss further with Swim!
When & How to Apply:
Swim Recruiting will be interviewing applicants and then presenting a shortlist of top-qualified candidates directly to the hiring team for review. There will be a formal 2-step interview process with the company itself. If you are qualified for this opportunity with a fantastic real estate company, please let Swim Recruiting know as soon as possible as this search is moving quickly! If you already have a Recruiter at Swim, please reach out directly. If you do not yet have a contact at Swim Recruiting, please hit 'APPLY NOW' to send us your resume. Thank you!
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance