We're looking for an Accounts Payable & Sales Tax Speci alist to help us with processing of vendor invoices, expense reports and customer payments. You will have two primary functions; providing day to day support to the Accounts Payable function, ensuring adherence to KPI's and emphasis on quality customer service through the use of clear effective communication. In addition, you will need to be precise, accurate and timely with respect to the preparation and filing of all global sales tax working papers. WHAT YOU'LL DO:Accounts Payable:
- Processing and coding invoices and expense reports in multiple currencies
- Preparing weekly cheque runs, wires and ACH payments
- Performing purchase order matching with vendor bills to ensure accuracy of GL coding
- Communicating with various departments to obtain correct budget holder approvals
- Providing timely communication to vendors and internal stakeholders with respect to inquiries related to invoices, payments, POs, and expense reports
- Monitoring unpaid invoices and managing ongoing vendor relationships
- Performing monthly credit card reconciliations, working with stakeholders across the organization to ensure accurate and timely GL coding and approvals
- Supporting in month-end close
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Preparing monthly sales tax entries to integrate billing processor data into the ERP
- Preparing sales tax working papers for Canada, US, EMEA, LATAM and APAC
- Preparing reconciliations, AJEs and file returns as needed
- Coordinating with internal stakeholders to gather data for internally prepared and/or outsourced return preparation and setting up of payments
- Gathering data and coordinating with external service providers for outsourced return preparation
- Reviewing externally prepared sales tax working papers and draft returns prior to filing
- Assisting with sales tax audits as necessary
- Preparing, maintaining and/or updating process documentation as needed
- Ad-hoc projects as needed
WHO YOU ARE:
- Minimum 1-2 years experience working in a finance function including knowledge and experience working with an ERP
- Bachelor's Degree in Business; or equivalent education and experience.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Excel
- Open Communication: clearly conveys thoughts, both written and verbally, listening attentively and asking questions for clarification and understanding
- Collaboration and Teamwork: works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs
- Customer Focus: demonstrates a desire to proactively help and serve internal/external customers meet their needs
Share our values:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
We champion the power of human connection. We're united globally by our shared values of innovation, grit, humility, and passion for customer success. Make an impact:
Working at the speed of social, we create value for our customers by delivering solutions that power relationships at scale. Our pace of work enables fast learning and fosters an environment where you can stretch yourself and make an impact. Learn and grow:
We're committed to growing the capabilities of our people. We are building a learning community where you can work with diverse individuals, explore new ways of thinking, and expand your capabilities. Our employees are teachers and learners who work out loud and share their knowledge to enhance each other's growth.
We are dedicated to building a diverse community, one where employees feel a sense of belonging, and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring. Our purpose is to champion the power of human connection and the heart of connection is inclusion. You belong here.
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Customer Service and Support