We are seeking a highly detail oriented Accounts Payable with a proven track record of success in administering Accounts Payable. Attention to detail is a must while managing multiple priorities and maintaining a high level of accuracy. Reporting to the Corporate Accountant the successful candidate will be responsible for full cycle Accounts Payable including maintaining files and documents to providing exceptional service to all enquiries both internally and externally.
Specifically, the Accounts Payable will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
• Maintain all A/P files and documents
• Responsible for processing corporate cards and employee expense reports.
• Manage the flow of invoices and approvals across departments
• Review invoices and employee expenses for accurate information, authorization and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Prepare and input AP batches into AP module and PO module on a daily basis.
• Code expenditures to the appropriate GL account and cost centre
• Prepare regular cheque runs and mail outs with supporting documentation.
• Prepare wire payments.
• Investigate and resolve billing discrepancies or misapplied cash transactions.
• Reconcile vendor statements and communicate discrepancies to vendor.
• Respond to internal and external accounts payable inquiries.
• Monthly credit card reconciliations as required
• Assist with month-end A/P related GL reconciliations and accruals
• Support other accounting and administrative staff as required
Qualifications and Skills Required
• 2- 3 years direct experience in an AP or General Accounting capacity in multicurrency
• Demonstrated ability to accurately calculate, post, correct, and manage accounting figures and financial records
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Basic knowledge of accounting systems, budgets, and internal controls
• Experience with Great Plains is an asset
• Effective attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
• High level of judgement for handling confidential information and monetary transactions
• Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
• Effective communicator both verbally and in writing
• Flexible and adaptable to dynamic environment
We thank you for your application, however due to volume, only candidates we wish to interview will be contacted.