Who- the Company:Our client is a Canadian-based not-for-profit organization committed to accelerating the translation of discoveries and best practices into improved treatments for people with injuries.
Where: In the Vancouver area, transit accessible.
What- the Role: We are currently recruiting for an Accounts Payable & Payroll Accountant who will be responsible for all finance-related payroll activities and for supporting the full cycle accounts payables. This position will be within a tight-knit team of 4, and will be reporting into the Director of Finance.
The duties of the position will include:
- Full cycle accounts payables using Microsoft Navision
- Review purchase orders & contract approval forms.
- processing & matching invoices, expense claims, & visa bills.
- Schedule & prepare Cheques.
- Resolve purchase orders, contracts, invoices or payment discrepancies
- Verify vendor accounts – reconcile monthly statements & related transactions
- Assist with Month End close procedures & year-end audit
- Disburse petty cash by recording entry and verifying documentation, and handling bank deposits.
- Financial record keeping for accounts payable & journal entries
- First point of contact for vendors & respond to any inquiries
- Support the implementation of electronic storage and centralized payables delivery.
- Assist in gathering information for financial reporting on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Raise potential issues and propose solutions to the Finance Director.
- Processing payroll for 52 employees, including ROE, pension reconciliation, garnishees & manual cheques
- Set up new employees on the payroll system, Ceridian software.
- Processing finance- related payroll & benefits on semi monthly basis’
- Prepare and submit employee payments, benefit payments and remittances by cheque or electronic transfer.
- Ensure that T4’s, T4A’s, Records of employment, WSBC and other statutory reports are prepared accurately, according to legislation and in a timely manner.
- Reconcile payroll liability ledger accounts to payroll and remittances each month.
- Maintain all payroll records and confidential files.
- Research and prepare reports and information as requested, including CRA, Stats Canada and internal requests.
- Compile, maintain, and regularly update a working manual, describing daily, weekly, monthly and annual routines and activities for the Payroll position.
- Collaborate with the Finance Director and Director of Human Resources to establish payroll deadlines and resolve payroll processing, benefit and employment contract items.
- Develop ad hoc financial and operational reporting, as needed.
Who- the Candidate:We are looking for a bright, hard-working, professional, confident, and dynamic candidate. It is important that the successful candidate has strong communication skills and the ability to work in a deadline driven environment.
Technical Skills & Education
- 2-3 years ‘experience with full cycle accounts payables & processing payroll.
- Post-secondary education in accounting/finance
- Completion of the Canadian Payroll Association designation is considered an asset.
- Hands-on experience with an accounting software. Experience working with Ceridian & Microsoft Navision is a huge asset.
- Non for profit experience is an asset
- Proficiency with Microsoft application, Excel
- Solid written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience managing priorities in a fast-paced and results oriented work environment
How Much: Base salary is commensurate with experience and skills. Excellent benefits are offered- 4 weeks vacation, extended health & dental, 25% MSP assisted and the successful candidate is eligible for a RRSP matching plan after 6 months of employment.
When- the Timelines: Swim Recruiting is presenting short-listed candidates to the hiring team for consideration. If you are interested in this opportunity and want to hear more, please reach out very soon as this search is moving quickly.
Posted: November 17, 2017
Closes:January 16, 2018