The Accounts Payable, Data Entry role
is responsible for all duties related to processing timely and accurate non-payroll account payments to individuals, customers and vendors. This includes receiving, verifying, and entering vendor / customer invoices and other accounting transactions. Core Responsibilities
Accounts Payable invoices entry and payment process
- Review invoices for potential errors, discrepancies and proper authorization.
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues.
- Ensure invoices are entered into the system.
- Ensure the strict confidentiality and privacy of financial records as they relate to the organization and its business partners.
- Assist with coding and entering of utilities.
Coordination of miscellaneous payments and requests
- Prepare and post invoices re: Miscellaneous, Interco, Payroll, Contractors, Associate location payables, etc.
- Respond to requests from all Kal Tire entities.
- Meet requirements and timelines specific to each entity.
- Assist ALL Vernon Office departments.
- Provide support to all field locations.
- Investigate payment issues while following corporate A/P policies and procedures.
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries.
- Ensure First Class customer service is provided to all Kal Tire locations, vendors and customers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum 1 year of Accounts Payable or related experience
- Upbeat positive attitude.
- Contributes to a team atmosphere
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional communication skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize workload
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task
- Excellent keyboarding skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of general Accounting procedures
Special Requirements Negotiable Requirements
- Grade 12 or GED equivalent
About Kal Tire
- Post-secondary education in accounting or equivalent
- Exposure to processing high volumes of payables
- Experience in a full feature accounting software (PeopleSoft)
Kal Tire is the largest independently owned tire dealer in Canada with over 250 locations. Our business philosophy centers on exceeding our customers' expectations and relies on our entrepreneurial team members to provide exceptional customer service.